Decisions

Xiao Hua

The two figures took him completely by surprise as he had never expect to see either of them down a dark hole that was supposedly to be recently created by an earthquake. Of course he didn't believe in Xiazi's version before and much less now that the two figures approached them and he could take a better look at them.

"You..." The word was the only thing that escaped his mouth, as he stared at them, still trying to make sense of their sudden presence.

The Wu family was desperate to find Wu San Xing and had even sent Wu Xie in search of him, even when danger was lurking on every corner and there was a chance he will not come back. They all had taken the risk and it hadn't been easy to get that far, hoping to find him before it could be too late and bring him back home, were his family was waiting for him.

However, as he looked at the old man in front of him, unharmed, strong and as good as he had seen him the last time, he wonder if he had been in need of rescue at all.

"Master Hua, it's rude to stare with your mouth open." The older man said and rage filled Xiao Hua's body in a rush.

"What the hell is this? Aren't you supposed to be lost inside the tomb for a week? Wu Xie had gone through hell in search for you, thinking that you may be dying somewhere lost and here you are having a walk in the park with a past crush?!" Xiao Hua said in fury as he looked at the woman by his side.

Chen Wenjin had been lost for a few decades already, but he had seen her picture, pretty much every time that Wu San Xing had make his appearance at the Xie household. He had hear the story of her sudden disappearance in one of their expeditions so many times, he had memorized it... because when Wu San Xing became melancholic and drunk enough in guilt, he will end up knocking at his door and tell him over and over how he had lost the woman he loved and his cousin in the same night and under strange circumstances.

"Xiao Hua, calm down." Xiazi said as he grabbed his arm, perhaps fearing for him to do something he wouldn't.

"Calm down? What the hell is going on here?" Xiao Hua demanded.

"You brat! Is that how you speak to your elders? I thought Xie Lian teach you better than that." Wu San Xing said without thinking, thing that he regretted instantly as he saw the rage escalate on the young master of the Xie family.

"Yeah, too bad he die when I was a kid while saving you! After that, your guilt make you become more my uncle that Wu Xie's, leaving him starving for the things you deny him, fearing to make the same mistakes you made when hell broke lose on that tomb and you guys barely escape with your lives! Now look what that brought you now! Wu Xie is here and I'm sure quite involved into whatever secrets you have keep from the rest of us!" Xiao Hua shouted while Hei Xiazi still have a hold on him.

For Wu San Xing, the sudden discharge of the tragedies of the past was kind of deserved, but the knowledge of his nephew been in there, in such a deadly dangerous place was a complete shock. Neither his father, nor his two brothers had allow Wu Xie to take the same path as him, always keeping Wu Xie protected from pretty much everything, specifically when the child had born special, so it was unthinkable that either of his brothers had let Wu Xie go into an expedition, much less to one of the most dangerous ones in existence.

"What did you said? Wu Xie? How come Wu Xie is here!?" Wu San Xing asked in genuine shock, while deeply looking at Xiao Hua.

"And you even dare to ask me such question? For what else will Wu Xie be allowed to go outside his protective shell?! Both of your brothers were desperate enough to let him off the hook and bring you back home no matter what!" Xiao Hua questioned back, quite inable to stop his barrage.