The Legend Of Tamutuo

Wu Xie

The next morning, Wu Xie wake up a bit after sunrise, after a night full of weird dreams that keep him moving around his sleeping bag, stealing away he most needed rest for the journey ahead of him. Nevertheless he was determine to see it through and find his missing uncle no matter what dangers or fate he could find there.

He make sure he had everything he needed packed on his backpack, from provisions, a dagger for defense against the things his grandfather had described existed around tombs, flashlights, ropes and so on, including his grandfather notebook, then went out of his tent to join the chaos of dismantling camp from some of the crew.

Pangzi was putting some packing's at the cargo of a black pickup and as soon as he saw him, he came to meet him, putting an arm over his shoulders.

"Ah Tainzhen, are you ready for your first adventure? I will let you know, it may not be as you had picture it on all those years of yearning for it." Pangzi pointed at the young man.

"Even though I look useless in your eyes, I assure that's not the case. I am more than aware of the dangers of Tamutuo and know it legend as the palm of my hand." Wu Xie said innocently and Pangzi frowned before he dragged him away from the busy camp.

"Hey, where are you taking me?" Wu Xie protested when Pangzi guide him far enough from any unwanted overhearing.

"Tianzhen, really... you must be a bit more careful around this group of people. Even though this expedition is called by your uncle Erbai, most people unrelated to the Wu family is here for more than find your third uncle. They are her for lost treasures and let me tell you that you carry with you one that can put you in danger and become a target of quite a lot of mercenaries. This business is really ruthless, no kidding, so don't go around casually saying things only your grandfather knew." Pangzi said and Wu Xie sighed.

"If you mean my grandfather notebook, which is named the tomb raiding ultimate note, there is no need to worry. No one else but me can see what is writing on it and even if they try to get me, to know what's inside it will be useless. Anyone who force me to read it will be cursed and burn to ashes as soon as the first word is said. I doubt my uncle told you about the curse on the notebook and me. No one in my family is comfortable with telling others that I am the source of an ancient curse my grandfather use to keep his findings from unscrupulous people." Wu Xie explained.

"What curse? This is my first time hearing of such thing." Pangzi asked quite surprised to hear of such thing from Tianzhen mouth.

"A special one. My grandfather said that when I was born, something strange happen when I cry out for the first time after leaving my mother's womb. He said that several thunders flashed in the sky at that very moment over the hospital my mother was taken and that the room went dark from a power outage that affected only her private room. My grandfather was waiting outside the room along with my father and when he hear the thunders, he swear he hear it naming me Wu Xie and that for a second he saw the translucent shape of a Qilin go out of my mother's room."

"Five years later, he was compelled to raid a tomb he dreamed about for weeks. He said the tomb was a very small one that only had one treasure inside. After finding the exact location of the tomb, he raid it, finding a strange white jade brush on an elaborated gold case. After he study and taste it several times, he found out it could cast a spell and a curse at the same time. The spell was to keep every word writing with it, invisible to everyone, except one person of your choice. The curse was for anyone else trying to steal the writing, or the one chosen will burst in flames to death."

"When I was seven, my grandfather officially choose me as his inheritor because he see me as a special child for what happen at my birth and the spell on the book acknowledged it. A few days later, when I begin to read it with my grandfather's guidance, a spy on my family found out I could read the notebook too and he try to force me to tell him what was writing on it and... well... I had nightmares of the man combusting in flames for weeks. Six months later my grandfather die and my father forbid me to become a tomb raider ever since." Wu Xie finish the long hidden secret of his family and saw as Pangzi went pale in a instant.