Our Manager, Ember - Full Chapter #4

Skyler

After the meeting, Sehun, Chanyeol, and I got in my car and headed to a bakery I recently discovered.

"I am telling you guys, this bakery is so amazing! It's been my obsession for the past three weeks." I say with the utmost excitement.

"The Tartine Bakery place?" Chanyeol asked as I nodded my head viciously. "Calm down."

"I will not calm down about my favorite place ever."

"Do they sell just baked goods or do they make other stuff?" 

"They sell a lot of things. They have this Tres Leches cake that is super yummy and spiced apple butter jam." My mouth started to salivate just at the thought of the apple butter jam. It's become a staple for breakfast now.

"Do they have tea?" Sehun asks after being quiet for the past ten minutes. I knew that it was going to take him a while to get over what I did, so I'm not upset at his behavior.

"Yes, SeSe. But they're only hot though. They also have coffee, lemonade, milk, and water as well."

"Nice. Ember is going to meet us at your house, by the way. I gave her your address."

"Who is Ember?" I asked with a confused face.

"She's a friend of mine. She's been looking for a job for quite a while now. She does have managerial experience, and I know that she will treat all of you well."

"That's amazing! Thank you Sehun, and I'm sorry again."

"It's okay. You did what you had to do for the girls. Is this the bakery?"

"Yep!" I parked the car as I started bouncing in my seat. "Let's go inside. I'm super  hungry."

~~~~~~~~~

"Skyler! Welcome back!" Eliza said as she looked up from her textbook. "How did the meeting go?"

"It went great! I didn't get kicked out of the group, but I'll explain everything once everyone gets downstairs." I said as I held the door open for Chanyeol and Sehun.

"Skyler Anika Clarke!"

"Minho!" I ran and immediately hugged Minho. It was my first time seeing him since his military discharge, and I missed him dearly. "How are you?"

"I'm doing great. Can't complain. But are you okay? I heard about what happened."

"I'm fine," I said as I let him go. "Speaking of that-"

"I texted the group chat and told them to come downstairs. So that you didn't have to yell." Eliza said as she put her pencil down and took her reading glasses off.

"Studying I see?"

"Yeah. But I thought I took her phone away from her though." Minho said as she smirked. "Give it back Liza."

"Never!" She jumped off the couch and ran as Minho chased her. I shook my head at the two and waited for the girls to commune downstairs.

All the meeting details later...

"That is some straight-up bullshit! They can't keep you from promotions!" yelled as the others agreed and complained at the verdict.

"And besides, aren't you helping others with their album as well?" Minho asked.

"Yeah, but I already did them. I finished Baekhyun's album, finished one for EXO, Key, and SHINee. So I'm content with what I have already done. I hate not being able to promote, but I'll take this loss for now. Besides, it might be good for me to take a break." I said with a shrug.

"I agree. You need some time for yourself." Hailey said as there was a knock at the door. I walked to it and opened it.

"I made it to the right location

"I made it to the right location. I've gotten lost like five times trying to get here." The woman says with a slight smile. "I'm Ember, Sehun's friend. It's an honor to meet you, Skyler."

"U-um, likewise. Wow, you're so pretty." I'm no stranger to this form of gay panic that I have, but whoa! She's so pretty! Like, how is she real? "I'm sorry. That was weird."

"Oh no, it's okay! You're really pretty too! Can I come in?"

"Sure!" I moved out the way, cursing myself in my head for staring at her. I closed the door and walked back to the group.

"Ember!" Sehun says with the biggest smile on his face. "It's so good to see you again."

"It's always great to see you beautiful!" He says with a smile as he kissed her cheek. "Everyone, this is my friend Ember Moon. I met her a few years ago when she studied in Seoul, and we've been great friends since then. I recruited her for you all because she studied management, and she has experience. I figured that you all would want a female manager, and SM still hasn't found one for you all. This is my gift to you all."

"Aww Sehun, you're the absolute greatest!" Leah says as she puts her hands over her heart while the others shoot him finger hearts.

"I absolutely agree. And I'm sorry again SeSe." I said as I walked up to him. "I really did not mean to go behind your back."

"It's okay Skyler. I'm just happy that they didn't kick you out for that." He rubbed the back of his head with a slight blush on his face.

"Me too. And speaking of SM, I literally just left from there." Ember says as we all look at her confused.

"What do you mean? We literally just left." Chanyeol says as he munching on a croissant. 

"I was there for about three hours. I assume that I left the building probably 45 minutes after you guys left." She sighed. "I hate to give you all bad news, especially since this is my first time meeting you all as your official manager. I'm actually glad that every member is present right now."

"That bad, huh?"

"You have no idea. But, let's get into the details, shall we?"

a/n: hi there. :)