Stress and Disappointments - Full Chapter #6

Fast forward - January 2022
Skyler

A few months passed, and I'm still not able to produce and work on albums again. Although I was able to do interviews and things like that, not being a part of the repackage is killing me. On top of that, Nysa also got put on hiatus for a scandal going across multiple groups. Hopefully, they will let us be a part of Beyond Live that announced not long ago.

"What you did then was ballsy, very ballsy. But you shouldn't have done that." Minseok said as Kyungsoo agreed. Ever since their release, they've been by my side. I at least feel somewhat normal.

"But you did it for your members, and because of that, I'm somewhat proud," Kyungsoo said as he sat on my bed. "And I guess that means you can't come back with us either?"

"That would be correct. I'm not allowed to promote until they give me the green light. I can't even produce." I groaned. "Just sitting in here doing nothing kills me."

"I know what you need. Just give me a few hours." Minseok says as he leaves the room. I hear the familiar voice of my manager coming into the room with Saira.

"Sky, are you doing okay? Hi Kyungsoo!" Saira says as she lays across my legs.

"I'm okay, girl. Just losing my mind, per usual. How is the album coming?"

"Oh, it's amazing! Our title track sounds so freaking badass!" She screeched as I groaned. "Sorry."

"I hate my damn life so much right now!" I yelled as Ember stared at me.

"Okay. Skyler, what did we say about hating our life?" She asks me, sitting next to Kyungsoo.

"That I shouldn't say that because I am more than blessed to have the life I have now," I said in a monotone as Saira laughed.

"And she's right," Kyungsoo says. "You are very blessed to be an idol and to live the lifestyle that others dream to have."

"Where's Minseok? Wasn't he just here?" Ember asks, confused.

"He said that he's gonna help me with my boredom and that he'll need a few hours." I shrugged as I started to play with Saira's hair.

"Rephrasing my "few hours" to "a day." Minseok strolls back into the room. "Tomorrow, I have an entire day dedicated to you relaxing and having fun."

"Minseok, you are a genius!" Ember says as she hugs him. "That's exactly what she needs."

"All of you in this room knows how I feel about that idea-"

"And that doesn't matter. You need a break anyway. It might do you some good." Kyungsoo says as everyone agrees. "I just don't want you to have a downfall."

"But-"

"You don't have a choice. I already told Yixing and he's willing to make sure you relax." Minseok sat down next to me and rubbed my back. "You need this way more than you think. Just trust me and the process. We're going to have a lot of fun tomorrow, you won't even believe it."

"Do it Sky. All great leaders need a break every once in a while." Saira says as Ember agrees.

"Ugh, fine. I'll do it. But I don't think it'll help me relax."

"It's okay. We're taking this in baby steps." Minseok says with a little giggle, causing everyone in the room to laugh. "Yixing and I will plan out everything, so don't worry."

"It's you and Yixing. There's no telling what you two will plan."

"Love you too Skyler," Yixing says as he walks into the room. He's been here for a few months, and it's been nice being able to physically see him.

"You know what I mean." I groaned.

"It has been a minute. Maybe SM will put you in their good graces soon."

"Doubt it," I said as everyone else agreed to the statement. "Plus, they're busy trying to get Cl9ud back together."

"Oh hell no! Why the hell are they trying to give Cl9ud a reunion?!" Zara says, storming into the room. "They know that the ten of them can't stand being in the same room!"

"Skyler, whoever is left of EXO is camping out here. We can't be around them." Yixing says as Minseok and Kyungsoo come to a sudden realization, their eyes filling with fear.

"What exactly made the drama start between EXO and Cl9ud?" I asked. I knew the reputation of Cl9ud. I kinda trained with them for a little bit, but that was very short-lived.

"Baekhyun can't keep his opinions to himself, and Kai and Taemin- Shit. Someone call SHINee and tell them too. It's a good thing that Taemin is doing his military stuff. But it's a long story, and I'd rather not be traumatized today." Minseok says as he, Kyungsoo, and Yixing collectively shiver at the same time.

"I'll tell SHINee. I can't believe that they didn't tell me that they're giving the crazies a reunion! First Nysa, and now Cl9ud?! Ugh!" Ember stormed out of the room and rushed downstairs.

"YALL! CL9UD BROKE INTO A HUGE FIGHT AT A RESTAURANT! I GOT THE VIDEO!!" Nysa screams as everyone except me and Yixing leaves the room. I groan and throw myself back until I was lying flat on my back.

"Of all groups, Cl9ud. Nothing but disappointments across the board."

"It's gonna be okay Skyler. We're gonna go out and unwind and destress from all of this tomorrow." Yixing says as he lays next to me. "Everything will be okay."

"Okay' is not in SM's dictionary." I sighed as I turned to face him. "But for your sake, I will try."

"That's all I ask of you." He kissed my forehead and pulled me closer to his chest. "Trying is the first step, babygirl."

"At least we have each other to go through this craziness together."

"Yeah." He chuckled. "Wouldn't have it any other way."

"Me neither." I sighed as I closed my eyes, ignoring the screams echoing in the background.