Chapter 3

Glorfindel is woken by someone gently shaking him, chasing away the horrid dreams that leave him in a cold sweat with a pounding heart. Elrohir sits over him looking slightly alarmed, "It appears they are getting ready to move."

"It will be alright," he comforts shoving down the ache of his wounds as he forces himself to sit up finally getting a good look around him. A large band of orcs scuffle about as they gather their things forcing the smaller ones to carry the packs of food, barrels of grog, and bundles of spare weapons. The chill of his nightmare has not left him, and an ache has begun to grow in his throat and chest. Although it is not nearly as bad as the fire that had been coursing through him, so he tries not to dwell on the odd feeling too much. 

Four orcs approach them, two of them holding a bundle of rope in their clawed hands. "Get up," one of them growls in harsh Westron. 

"Do as they say," Glorfindel quietly advises in their own tongue nodding slightly in thanks when Elrohir helps him to his feet. He's surprised and thankful he does not feel weaker but knows it is unlikely the poison has already run the worst of its course. The moment he's steady he stands tall glaring into the eyes of the foul creatures that approach them. 

"Stay still," it spits scowling down at them while the two with rope roughly bind their hands leaving a length to lead them that leaves irritation bubbling in the golden elf's gut. He holds it down knowing there will be the opportune moment to kill these disgusting creatures in the near future. He must bide his time if he wants them to escape with any success, no matter how humiliating it may be. 

Once they are securely bound the orcs holding the ropes begin walking, forcing them to follow if they do not want to be yanked along. Half of the creatures walk on the wide road before them while the others march closely behind. For a second Glorfindel looks round in a slight panic realizing he does not know the fate of Asfaloth.

"Do you know what happened to the horses?" he asks quietly as the orcs quicken their pace forcing them to jog to stay caught up. 

"I think I say them run off towards Imladris, with any luck they'll run into Elladan on their way home," Elrohir answers his voice tight with concealed annoyance as his rope is tugged harshly causing him to nearly stumble. 

They do not speak after that for some time, not wanting the evil ears surrounding them to pick up on anything important. It isn't until a few hours later as they break from the forest into a more open land that the younger elf finally speaks up. Low and quiet.

"Where do you think they are taking us?"

"I do not know, there are no strongholds that I know of in this area. They could have a camp nearby," Glorfindel guesses huffing in deep breaths as he tries to keep pace with the ugly beings. His chest hurts in a way he's never felt before and his throat burns in a strangely, as if he's inhaled too much smoke. He tries to clear his throat growing itch, but it only proves to make it worse causing a harsh cough to rattle his lungs. He stumbles slightly when another burns his chest but a quick pull at his wrists as him moving along once more.

"Are you okay? You sound... sick," Elrohir whispers glancing at the golden elf in worry. Glorfindel frowns working the thought over in his head. Him. Sick? High elves aren't supposed to get sick, in fact, no elf is supposed to get sick. It is surely the work of the poison, whether it lowered his immune system or carried some strange disease itself he cannot be sure. 

"I will be fine," Glorfindel reassures keeping his gaze focused on the grassy plain splayed out before them. He wishes he knew where they were heading or could at the very least leave some kind of clue to where they are being taken for Elrond to follow. The orcs have stripped them of their gear and would surely notice if he dropped anything. He will simply have to trust his friend's tracking skills if they cannot escape before being taken wherever these foul creatures are headed. He returns his focus to the land ahead and occasionally casting a glance towards Elrohir to ensure he's doing okay.