Chapter 6

I know I am switching between characters quite frequently but I want to build suspense and it's hard to leave any of the Rivendell elves out I love them all. If it's confusing let me know I will make sure to go back and do any editing to make this story an easier read (but if you have read Tolkien ((especially the Silmarillion)) I pray to the Valar my writing isn't so horrible that you cannot understand it) I hope you are enjoying this so far and now here we have the loveable yet cold Erestor. Enjoy:)

Erestor has not been outside of Imladris for some time. Sure, he's strolled the paths with Lord Elrond and gone on a few rides with Glorfindel but he has not traveled as far as they now intend to in nearly three years. It is not that he does not like venturing outside the Last Homely House, it is more he sees no reason to. He is perfectly happy walking the paths he knows and always being near his desk should new paperwork need looked over. That does not mean he is foreign to the skill of a sword and the perils of traveling in the wilderness. He would gladly give up his pen and favorite garden bench for blade and horse if it means he can help save those he cares about.

He's always been fond of the twins, despite the various pranks they always seemed determined pulling on him. They are also serious, when need be, even now the young Pederhel rides his brother's horse quietly beside his father too somber with the pressing darkness of night surrounding them to talk. In fact, there truly isn't a sound to be heard aside from the clinking of armor and soft footfalls of near seventy horses. Once news spread that Elladan returned wounded with Elrohir and Glorfindel missing the near entirety of the guard and scouts had offered their assistance. Although some had to stay behind to ensure Imladris remains safe. Lindir had been left in charge who, while is still quite young, is a fully capable ellon who will surely handle the position with ease.

Erestor has no worries about his home behind him or even his own safety as again he listens to the sheer number of warriors surrounding him. Elrond could never be disappointed in his soldiers when it came to calling on them in times of need, and while there may end up being more of a number than they need he's relieved to know they'll easily stand against any orcs they come across. He truly hopes it doesn't come to that and they wind up stumbling across Glorfindel and Elrohir first, riding with smiles on their faces laughing when they see the extent the Lord of Rivendell went to when he heard of their disappearance. Although the advisor knows that will not be the case and will not fool himself to believe so.

He hopes they are simply injured somewhere waiting for them to come find them in some comfortable grass bed that they always have the keen eye of spotting and not dead or in the hands of the filthy orcs. His thoughts stray towards Lady Celebrian when she was taken by orcs so many years ago. She had been gone for weeks and when the twins finally found her it was much too late to mend not just her physical wounds but the ones of her soul as well. The family was only able to spend one day with her before she made the trip to the gray havens and sailed to Aman. Rivendell had been quiet and grieved the loss of their beloved lady for years that followed, even the ever-brilliant Glorfindel did not smile for some time. Of course, it affected Elrond the most who had lost his other half far before he was ready. He was left behind with a kingdom to run and three children to raise, without the help of his friends it surely would have been a much darker time. He, Glorfindel, and Lindir had teamed up to make sure everything ran smoothly while the elven lord grieved giving him time to mend his spirit until he had finally been ready to step up into his position once more.

Erestor can't imagine what would happen if Elrond lost his son as well. It would surely break him and everyone else in Imladris would feel the loss keenly. Elrohir for all his quirks is a kind soul who has spent many hours in the healing halls learning from his father and helps any he sees in need. He holds onto the hope that his lord would truly be able to know if his son was no longer among them on Middle-Earth but wandering instead in the Halls of Mandos. Although this simply turns his thoughts to his close friend who had once walked those very Halls and been given the chance to live once more.