Chapter 8

I'm sorry because this Elorhir bit is brief before going back to Glor but I'm not sure what to write without just going on about him traveling or accidentally creating confusing time skips or even worse some unimportant rambling that has nothing to do with the plot (much like my cringe author notes I apologize). I hope you like this chapter none the less!

Elrohir does not risk emerging from the water until he is sure he's a safe distance away and the creatures will not be able to run him down quickly. He climbs from the river when the bank is low, the cliffy terrain having drifted away miles ago. He feels almost numb as he glances towards the sun beginning to dip beneath the mountains on his right. He starts a quick pace towards Imladris feeling horribly exposed in the wide plain. He knows the creatures would not have been able to catch up with him as they did not ride wargs but the fear is still there no less. Not to mention he still feels in shock that the plan had seemed to work so perfectly yet failed. He had been able to clear a quick path to the edge of the makeshift bridge and the moment Glorfindel had given the word he plunged into the water below. He had resurfaced with a grin expecting to meet a golden smile and bright blue eyes. Instead, as he was swiftly tugged down the river, his gaze had met the Vanya's and a panic he had never before seen was clouding those usually joyful orbs as the warrior was forced backwards by a large orc gripping a length of rope tightly around the elf's neck.

Elrohir was not even able to see how his friend fared before the swift Glanduin had swept him too far downstream to even make out the bridge. With a heavy sigh, he picks up his pace knowing it will take him at least a day to cross this plain and at least another four before he reaches home if he does not take time to rest. Elladan should have already made it there if he did not run into trouble along the way. If that is the case he wouldn't be surprised if his father is already marching this way, which would mean they will likely meet in the middle sometime between the next three days if he picks his course carefully. He knows his father is a good tracker and if Elladan is in any shape to travel with him they will reach the initial spot of the attack with ease. He does not worry about them finding him, it is his friend who is now left in the hands of orcs that holds his sole concern. His head pounds in an annoying drum that he wishes would leave him be. The gash on his head is nearly healed but he would not be surprised if the sword hilt that had hit him left him with a mild concussion as well. Not wanting to waste time thinking on his own pain the young elf focuses on getting help for his lost friend as quickly as possible.

**********

When Glorfindel awakes the world is dark as his head pounds, an intense strain now pulling at his shoulders. He quickly realizes his feet are barely touching the ground forcing the majority of his weight to hang on his bound wrists that he can easily surmise are strung up by one of the tree branches. His eyelids are heavy as he forces them open nearly panicking in horror when the same inky black surrounds him. He calms slightly when he feels the tight fabric of a blindfold secured around his eyes.

"Finally awake after your little nap? Could save yourself a lot of time (elf), want to tell me where Imladris is," the voice of the Captain growls to his right a snickering laugh mingled with his words.

Glorfindel spits out a curse in Quenya, barely holding back a shout of surprise when he's backhanded harshly. "Tell me what I want or shut your tongue," the orc threatens now much closer, his rancid breath causing the elf's stomach to nearly turn. The elven lord swishes some now irony spit around in his mouth before spitting it in the direction he can hear the ragged breaths coming from. A smirk crosses his face when the creature howls in anger. He can make out heavy footfalls briskly move away before returning stopping a few yards away from the elf this time.

Before he has time to wonder what the captain has planned for him the sound of something flitting quickly through the air meets his sensitive ears followed by an intense stinging pain cutting into his chest. His muscles tense as he realizes the creature must wield a whip in its clawed hands for he's never heard anything else make the accursed sound sept the flaming ones favored by Balrogs.