Chapter 11

I hope you're enjoying the story so far! I've worked pretty hard to fix any errors or mistakes but there still may be a few I missed. I would love to receive any positive feedback or suggestions you may have, I'm always eager to improve my writing. Aside from that it's time to get on with the story, and this chapter is an angsty one:). Enjoy!

The only sign that morning has come is the warm rays of light shining down upon his skin. He relishes in the small comfort while it lasts, knowing his revere of peace will be broken soon enough. His body burns in a tirade of fire from the various lashes and burns. He dreads to think of what they will do next but keeps his panic shoved down where it cannot surface to suffocate his thoughts.

Lost in the darkness he has only his ears to rely on as he listens to the foul creatures residing in the camp around him. None have neared the tree he's tied to yet, leaving him waiting with nothing but his thoughts to keep him company. He finds himself thinking about the various delicious foods stored in Imladris. The foul taste of whatever they had shoved down his throat still sits on his tongue, and he finds himself wishing for some sweet red wine to wash it away. He would prefer the failed attempts from Estel's young cooking any day, it had always been near inedible until he learned not to over season everything.

Approaching steps have him straightening up against the tree, squaring his posture best he can. The orc captain laughs, kicking his bound feet roughly. "You ready for more fun filth?" it spits forcing Glorfindel to bite his tongue angrily as insults swirl through his brain. How he yearns to kill the putrid thing.

He's released from the tree only to be forced to his feet and shoved face-first into the rough bark. It digs into his wounds causing unseen tears to sting at his eyes for a few seconds. His arms are stretched around the trunk and tied securely in what feels like a mock hug around the tree. The clawed hands retreat as the large footsteps of the captain draw near. "What'll be this time elf? Should we start off with the whip again or try something new?" it threatens, trying to elicit a reaction from the golden-haired warrior.

"I have felt the fiery whips of the Balrog upon my skin. You bring me no fear (hu u-gaun! (cowardly dog),)" he spits sharply, letting the insult slip through his lips with unconcealed venom.

"Have it your way," the orc growls in anger the sound of a whip cracking through the air following its words. The hard leather strikes on his exposed back, instantly biting into the fair skin. The second opens a long, thin gash that is only worsened as more continue to tear into his flesh. He grits his teeth to keep himself silent as each strike forces shudders to run through his body. He losses track of how many times the whip has licked gapping lacerations into his back, slowly becoming numb to the burning pain. When the orc finally stops a sheen of sweat coats him while blood pours freely down his back. His muscles tremble as he gasps in breaths that only increase his torment. He briefly questions how they plan to keep him alive if they continue mutilating him in such a way but doesn't have time to ponder it long when something is poured over him. The liquid rushes over his wounds causing them to burn so horribly he can't stop the small cry of pain that escapes him.

The captain barks out a laugh causing Glorfindel to nearly bite off his tongue as he clenches his jaw shut to prevent another sound from slipping out. A clawed hand grips his hair pulling his head back roughly. "You are going to break and tell me everything I want to know elf," the orc growls rancid breath fanning over the elf causing his nose to wrinkle in disgust. He forces his head forward before rearing it back right into the face of the captain. A smirk crosses his face as the orc stumbles back spluttering out words in the black tongue angrily. He knows he will likely come to regret that, but for the moment the pleasure coursing through him makes it matter little. He's just glad he was able to inflict some kind of pain on the vile creature.