| 25

The rest of the party was a complete waste when it came to our investigation. This was the second time we had struck out recently with absolutely no new information about what was going on. Well, other than the fact that we now knew that Goyle liked having really rough sex with Millicent Bulstrode.

I stayed late into the night until I was the last guest left at the party. Narcissa had gone home quite some time ago. Pansy and Theo had gone to sleep and Blaise was nowhere to be seen. I assume he found someone willing to go to bed with him too, so I didn't question it. At last the house was quiet and still. Draco offered to let me stay over in my old room again tonight, and I was tired enough to accept the invitation. There was no way I was going all the way back to Potter's place tonight, I was too exhausted, and still a bit tipsy. He walked me to the bedroom door at the end of the night and frowned.

"What's on your mind, Malfoy?" I asked curiously as I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned on the doorframe to watch him carefully.

Draco wrestled with his thoughts, "It's just that there has to be something we're missing. It feels like it's right in front of us, yet we keep coming up short. It's frustrating."

I sighed, "Look. We tried our best. Some of us tried better than others, but we don't need to split hairs here."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Draco's eyes narrowed at me skeptically.

I scoffed, "Well I certainly don't think that talking to Goyle about how good my arse looks is the best way to find out what he's up to. Do you?"

Draco snapped his mouth shut angrily, "If I didn't play along he would have known something was wrong and he wouldn't have given me any information at all. If he's working with Camille, then he immediately doesn't trust you, and our... whatever this is... would immediately make him suspicious. You know that."

"Well unless the information was that Millicent is into some really sad shit sexually, then I certainly don't think we learned anything of value."

"Goodnight, Aurora." Draco said sternly before turning on his heel and heading off to his bedroom. He slammed the door shut behind him. I rolled my eyes and head into my own bedroom as well slamming the door just as loud as if it were an unspoken competition between us as to who could slam the door the loudest.

I stormed over to the bed and yanked my heels off of my aching feet and threw them across the room angrily where they landed in a heap. I got up again to start removing my dress until I caught sight of myself in the mirror. I still looked absolutely incredible. It was a shame that this ensemble was going to waste on such a useless excuse of a night.

Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Ginny's words echoed through my head as I continued to admire myself in the mirror. It was like she knew exactly what I was going to do before I had even decided to do it. I groaned. I was really going to hate myself for this in the morning, but all of the champagne that was still coursing through my bloodstream was convincing me otherwise.

I crept down the hallway to Draco's room and opened the door to see him removing his shirt and tie. He looked at me with the same dumbfounded confusion as the last time I came into his room unannounced, but it did not take him nearly as long this time to figure out what was going to happen.

"Thank Merlin, finally." Draco groaned as he threw his tie on the ground.

He reached me in an instant and grabbed my head with both of his hands as he kissed me fervently on the lips. We wasted no time moving straight to his bed. We both wanted this. Needed this. I pushed him down and climbed on top of him spreading my legs wide as my thighs rested on either side of his own.