| 34

I was surprised at just how well I remembered where to go to get around Hogwarts. It was like I had never left. Even the moving staircases couldn't throw me off tonight. It felt like I was walking around inside a time capsule where Draco and I hadn't aged a day. All that was missing were our school uniforms. Just about everyone in the castle was in the Great Hall, so we walked around completely unnoticed. Not even Filch or Mrs Norris were anywhere to be found. It was like everything was falling correctly into place and nothing could stop us.

Draco paused somewhere on the second floor and looked around.

"What?" I asked as I stopped to look at him impatiently. He was slowing us down.

A slight smirk formed on his face as he delved into his memory, "Nothing. I just remembered that your favorite broom cupboard is somewhere around here." He looked down a dark corridor and checked to see if he could spot it.

My mouth fell open and he raised a brow at me suggestively before sending a wink my way. "That's enough, Malfoy. We're kind of busy right now, remember?"

He rolled his eyes, "You can't just show that much leg all night and think that it won't cross my mind at all."

"We can talk about that later." I snapped at him before hurrying further down the hall. I was still angry at him for his possessive routine from earlier anyway, so it didn't really matter, "There's no time right now."

I didn't stop again until I got to the entrance to the girls bathroom. I paused with my hand on the door. I was almost hesitant to enter.

"What's the matter now?" Draco asked as he caught up to me. He was clearly annoyed for a multitude of reasons all involving me, but mostly the fact that I was being so withholding.

"Do you... do you think she's still in there?" I asked him nervously.

Draco rolled his eyes and let out a deep sigh, "She's dead. She's bored. What do you think?"

"You go first... she likes you." I said as I pushed him towards the door. He glared at me one last time before walking through the threshold leaving me alone to listen for any signs that something was happening. After a few moments, I heard a loud squeal of excitement and knew she was there. Taking a deep breath, I marched in behind Draco.

"And you're so much more handsome now, too! I didn't even think that was possible." Myrtle gushed. "Look at that face. And that jawline! Oh! The things I would do if I wouldn't just go right through you." She let out a sickening giggle and continued to float around him in circles ogling him.

Draco's face looked grey. He gave a tight lipped smile and nodded at the ghost girl as she continued to fawn over him incessantly.

"Am I interrupting something?" I teased and Draco jumped slightly. He had been too busy entertaining Myrtle that he hadn't noticed me standing there watching.

"YOU?" Myrtle shrieked after she caught sight of me, "GET OUT OF MY BATHROOM!"

"Relax." I recoiled a little bit at her immediate reaction to seeing me again but tried to remain calm and collected, "I'm not going to do anything rash, Myrtle. Your room is safe."

"Last time you were in here on a night like this you nearly destroyed the place." She seethed. "It took them an entire week to repair the damage you made in your drunken stupor."

"Hey, I'm not the only one in here that's destroyed a Hogwarts bathroom with magic." I pointed at Draco who scowled at the reminder of his fight with Harry that left him scarred. "You were there to bare witness if I remember correctly, Myrtle."