| 28

Nobody would let me do anything until I had cleaned myself up and calmed down. I was absolutely hysterical and completely inconsolable when I arrived back at Draco's apartment alone. I desperately needed to find Draco and the Weasleys and make sure everyone was okay.

"I talked to Hermione Granger and she's on her way to come get you." Pansy told me as she looked at me warily. Everyone pitied me now. Fantastic.

They had all been walking on eggshells since I came back. I hadn't explained myself at all and I know that it was driving them all mad. I sat on the couch silently fuming as I replayed everything in my head and tried to process it all. I hadn't spoken a word since I asked where Draco was. They all told me to be patient and wait. How could I be expected to do that? I was still very understandably shaken up by the whole ordeal.

"I'm here." Hermione said as she rushed in moments later as if right on cue. "Rory, are you alright?"

"Have you seen Draco?" I asked her, my voice still raw from all the screaming I had done.

"He's at St Mungo's." She said calmly, but I tensed up anyway, "He's going to be alright. He got hit with a nasty hex, but he should be just about recovered by now."

"What about Molly and Arthur?" I asked, "Are they alright?"

"No one was home. Everything is fine. They're going to keep an auror presence at the burrow for a few days as a precaution." She smiled at me softly and it alleviated some of my worry. "Are you okay?" She repeated her question knowing that I had ignored it.

"I will be when I can see him." I admitted. I felt so guilty about Draco. If he hadn't come with me then he wouldn't be in the hospital right now. Hermione shot me a knowing glance and I looked down to avoid her gaze. She knew better than most that I was starting to have feelings for him again. A fact that I couldn't even admit to myself.

We didn't speak our entire way to the hospital. I nodded in recognition at Imani who was sitting at the front desk when we arrived. She looked sad as she unlocked the door with the wave of her wand.

Everybody knew.

I went straight up to his floor and saw Narcissa and Lucius sitting outside his room together. Narcissa immediately stood and hurried over to hug me. I stared at Lucius over her shoulder and he stared right back at me without a word.

"Oh dear, I am glad you're alright." Narcissa cried on my shoulder, "Draco has been so worried."

"How is he?" I asked softly.

Narcissa pulled away and smiled solemnly, "He's good. You should go see him now."

I glanced at Lucius as I walked past and he balled his hand into a fist angrily, but did not speak. I opened the door and slipped inside, gently closing it behind me. I smiled the minute I saw Draco sitting up and reading a book.

"Hi." I whispered.

Draco slammed his book shut and nearly jumped off the bed, "Aurora, thank Merlin you're alright. What did they do to you?"

"Nothing I couldn't handle." I ran my fingers through my hair nervously, "Your old friend Goyle is a serious creep though."

"He's not my friend." Draco glared at me, "Not for a long time now."

"I'm glad you're okay, Malfoy." I said as I reached over and fixed his hair that was out of place, "You scared me."

"I scared you?" He scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest, "You're the one nearly getting yourself killed all the time. Do you know how much time I spend every day making sure you don't hurt yourself?"