| 07

Pansy Parkinson is everything that is wrong with the Wizarding World. If she were a witch during the Salem Witch Trials of the 1600s over in America, then she would have certainly been burned at the stake. As anyone who has taken Muggle Studies at Hogwarts knows, all the real witches during that time were smart enough to not get caught. Those who were burned were all innocent muggles caught up in an conniving little girl's twisted lies. However, I am sure that Pansy would have given them proper reason to burn her too. Although, come to think of it... I may be a little biased given our history.

I ripped open the door to stare intently at Draco and Theo, who to this point had not realized I had been listening to their entire conversation. "And why would Pansy Parkinson be coming here exactly?" I demanded to know. Both boys shifted uncomfortably and wouldn't meet my stern gaze. "I'm waiting for an answer that doesn't make me want to rip my own hair out."

"I didn't know she could hold a grudge this long." Theo muttered to Draco who looked paler than I thought was even possible.

"Then clearly you don't know Aurora." Blaise said as he walked out of another bedroom, presumably his own. He looked at me and nodded. It was as close as he would ever get to smiling, "Sorry, I mean Rory."

"Would anyone care to explain?" I glowered at the group standing before me as I continued to lean on the door.

None of them raced to answer me, so Blaise rolled his eyes and spoke up, "Draco is sort of dating her."

I glanced in Draco's direction for confirmation and he looked ashamed of himself, and also very annoyed with Blaise for blowing his big secret, "It's nothing serious." He assured me. His grey eyes darkened with worry, "I'm not even that interested in her. She's just kind of... there. It's a convenience thing."

"Tell that to her." Theo guffawed and even Blaise let out a quiet laugh. "She thinks she lives here. What's she going to do when she finds out Aurora Dolohov has officially moved in to our flat before she has?"

"This is all just temporary," I warned them as I rolled my eyes, "Seriously though, it's like none of you ever bloody left Hogwarts all still hanging around each other like this."

"Says the girl who was dating Aidan Hastings up until yesterday." Draco snapped back passing just as much judgement about myself as I had towards him. I could tell he wished he hadn't said it the moment the words escaped his lips. It really did sting hearing him say it out loud, given the trajectory of the last 24 hours for me. Draco's eyes shifted to the lift door that Pansy could walk through at any second, "Actually, Blaise, if you could occupy Aurora for a few hours that would be really helpful."

"Don't you dare talk about me like I'm a problem that needs a solution, Malfoy." I snarled menacingly. "You told me to come stay here. You wouldn't take no for an answer. In fact, you didn't even wait for my answer at all."

"Blaise, please." Draco ignored me and begged his friend. I think he already knew he was too late. The bell rang and the lift doors opened up revealing the pug-faced girl in question.

"Draco, darling!" Pansy drawled as she threw all of her bags to the ground and raised her arms up into the air excitedly. She wasted no time closing the space between herself and the blond haired boy standing in front of me. Pansy wrapped her arms around him tightly while Draco stood rigid, still staring right at me with concern in his grey eyes. I'll admit, as much as I hated sharing the same space with Pansy in any capacity whatsoever, the pained look on Malfoy's face was making it all worthwhile.

Pansy wasn't totally incompetent. She knew something in the room was off, despite still not being able to understand just how little interest Draco Malfoy had in her besides her being a warm body to fill his empty bed. She pulled away from Draco, but still clung to his arm as she looked at Theo and Zabini expectantly. "What's going on?" She asked the three boys suspiciously. Theo said nothing, but his eyes flickered towards me, revealing my presence behind her with no words necessary. Pansy spun around on her heel, dragging Draco along with her and audibly gasped when she saw me. "What is she doing here?" Pansy seethed.