Chapter 13

I returned to the fields, with Yui still following behind me yelling at me to slow down. I didn't realise I was speed walking like an elderly woman on a Saturday morning. I stopped and turned to see Yui with her hands on her knees, out of breath.

'Sorry, was I walking to fast?', I lay a hand on her shoulder.

'Yeah.', she had to take a breather after each word. 'How. do. you. walk. so fast?'

We were interrupted by our coach who asked us where the footballs were.

'Damn it..', I muttered under my breath because I just remembered I didn't get them. 'Oh, um sorry I-'

'I've got them,' I turned to see Mabuchi-kun holding the bag of football's on his back and his other hand in his pocket. His faces looked unbothered whilst he held the bag out to me. 'I was going to tell you that you forgot them but you ran off.'

'Oh yeah. Sorry.' I reached out to take the bag out of his hand but he held onto it.

'No thank you?', he didn't seem to be joking around because he wasn't grinning, he had a serious look on his face.

Not this again. To think he was getting less annoying. Ah, I'll just get it done and over with.

'Thank you.' I grabbed the bag out of his hand and went to give it to coach.

'You're welcome, your highness,' he slightly grinned walked off to his team.

'Did he just call you "your highness"?', Yui asked.

'Yes, and it's annoying so don't remind me of this moment again.' I walked off because the football practice was about to begin. Yui followed behind.

It wasn't long until lunch came around, so I made my way to the cafeteria with Yui to get our lunch. We then returned to the classroom and sat down to eat. I then received a text message from Akari.

Akari: Hey! Meet me outside next to the big tree outside.

Y/n: Oh yeah! I forgot you wanted to talk to me. I'll be right there.

'Yui, I need to go for a few minutes. I'll be back though! So just wait here for me.'

'Oh ok, is it something important?'

'My friend wanted to talk to me about something.'

'Ok! But next time I want to meet your friend!', she let out a sweet smile before I agreed and then left the classroom.

Once I went outside, I scanned to find Akari sitting on the bench waving at me. I ran towards her and jumped into her arms.

'I haven't seen you for so long! I've missed you.' I looked up to her and saw her angelic smile.

'I've missed you too! Sorry I haven't been seeing, i've been really busy with assignments and stuff.'

'That sucks. So, what did you want to talk about?' Akari's cheeks became red as I asked her that question.

'Yeah about that...'

'Come on just tell me.' I lightly pocked her shoulder.

'Ok. Haruki kinda kissed me.. and then confessed his feelings for me.', she instantly turned around in embarrassment as she waited for my response.

'Oh, and what was your response?'

'I rejected him.', she mumbled.

'Why?'

'Because I know you like him and I don't want to take away who you like because that would be very idiotic and mean-'

'Pftt!', I snickered.