Chapter 6

My smile faded and I looked down at my feet, hoping that he would have left. I was afraid.. Afraid that I would hurt him again. I need to keep my distance for his own good.

The wind slightly blew against my hair revealing my watery eyes filled with guilt and regret. I faintly gulped and put on a fake smile. I then turned my face around but my head still lowered to the ground.

'I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are..', I tried to hold back my trembling voice as I was on the verge of tears. Slowly, I walked to the counter and paid.

I caught a snippet of his face in the reflection of the mirror once I left the store. He stood in the same position with his hands in his pocket, expressing a painful face. I knew he was going to get hurt one day or another, so I just got it done and over with. My fragile heart throbbed as I left the store and went home.

*The Next Day, In Class*

Ah, I'm too tired for class today.

I strolled to my seat and placed my bag onto the side of my table. My face melted onto my arms and I lay on the table, questioning what happened.

Did I hurt him yesterday? Did he believe me when I said I didn't know him? Did he get home safely? Is he coming in today?

My head ached from all the questions that whizzed around it. I waited for his arrival, even though I know I shouldn't worry about him anymore. But, I can't let go.

A sudden tall figure stood at the class doorway. His hair was all messy and a few of his buttons were undone. His tie lay lose on his defined chest which was pale but not in an unhealthy way. A soft chuckle escape his rosy lips, as he talked with a girl.

Who is that he's speaking to? She's beautiful. They're laughing together...

A sharp pain pierced my heart.

My chest hurts. Should I go to the nurse? Am I dying?! I need to get this checked out.

I left a note on Sensei's desk and grabbed my bag. I knew that I was going to have to pass Mabuchi, so I tried to make it as quick as possible. I prepared myself and walked to the door.

'Excuse me..', I murmured as I lowered my head.

'You can just go around us.', an impolite voice spoke.

If this girl doesn't move I swear-

'Or is it that you too big?', she cackled.

What did this brat just say to me?! That's i'm about to-

'You need to leave.' , a stern voice commanded.

'What?!', she said in confusion.

'I said you need to leave.'

I looked up and saw the seriousness in his eyes.

'Ugh. I never knew you was like this.', her heels echoed in the halls as she left the class.

I looked at him and his face looked irritated.

'Thank you.' I muttered as I looked at my feet.

I waited for a response, but as I turned back to look for him, he was already at his seat, blankly looking out the window.

I now knew that we could never fix what we had before.

*At the infirmary*

'Y/n you seem to be fine now.', the nurse stated.

'Oh, Thank you.' I slightly bowed my head.

'It's no problem. However, if you do still feel pains, buy this medication from the pharmacy.', She handed me a small note and went back to her desk.
'You can go back to lesson now.'

'Thank you, again.' I grabbed my bag and went back to lesson.

Once I arrived, I slouched into my seat, waiting for lunch to come by. I was exhausted and in pain, my surroundings blurred out of my mind, by there was one little thing that was absolutely clear.

Him.