Chapter 5

DING DING DING.

'Alright, It's the end of the day. Don't forget to do your assignments, ok? Have a great evening everyone.' , Sensei announced as he packed his things and left the classroom.

Let me text Akari so we could go home together.

Y/n: Hey Akari-chan! Let's go home together, I also need to go to the convenient store, to get ingredients for dinner.

*30 seconds later*

Akari: Sorry Y/n-san, I have to stay behind for some assignments!, go ahead without me.

Damn it.

Y/n: Ah! Ok can we go home tomorrow together?

Akari: Of course!

I turned off my phone, grabbed my bag and left the classroom. I walked to my cubby and grabbed my shoes. As I sat down, I heard someone call out for my name.

'Y/n-san!', the voice yelled.

I turned towards the person, and a huge smile grew upon my face.

'Hey,Haruki-kun!' I waved at him. 'Are you going home right now?' I asked as I looked up at him.

'Ah, no, I have to stay behind for an assignment, with a few of my classmates.' He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

'Oh, by any chance is Akari-chan apart of your group?'

His face turned bright red as he looked away. 'Oh, Y-yeah.'

Did he just stutter. His face is also bright red. By any chance does he like Akari?

'Hey, Haruki.., do you like her?' I asked.

'Eh?!' his face turned even more red.

'Oh my god. You do, right?' I looked at his face.

'Shhh! Keep it down she'll hear.', he hissed as he placed his index finger on his lip. 'Fine, I do like her, but please promise me that you won't tell her. Please!'

Why do I feel this sharp pain in my heart? As if I was shot with a million arrows.

'Ok, I promise..' my smile faded away.

'Thank you so much! Alright I have to go now. See you tomorrow!' He yelled as he slowly faded into the distance.

'Why does my heart hurt like this?' , I murmured.
I slipped on my shoes and left the school.

As I dragged my feet across the pavement, I lowered my head and made my way to the store.

'Ah! Why does today have to be so bad?, I wasn't expecting this.'

Ding!

The store's bell rang as I entered.

'Good Afternoon, *Tenshu'
(*Tenshu: Shop owner in japanese.)

'Good Afternoon, Y/n', he waved as he was busy reading his newspaper.

I walked towards the food aisle and searched for my ingredients.

Hm, I'll make *Onigiri today.
(*Onigiri: Rice balls)

I hummed to some music and tried to find the last ingredient, rice. I skimmed through the shelves and found it.

I went on my tippy-toes and tried to reach for the rice, but I was struggling, even though I wasn't short.

Eh! I'll never get that, who puts rice on the top shelf anyways? I'll just ask for Tenshu to help me.

'Tens-' I was stopped by a tall, pale arm grabbing the rice. I turned around and was surprised.

'This for you, Princess?', It was Mabuchi. He looked down at me with a smirk as he held the rice out towards me. I was mesmerised by his hypnotising eyes and jet black hair that covered them.

I cleared my throat, 'Uh, yeah.' As I reached out for the rice in his hand, he abruptly put it behind his back.

'Aren't you forgetting something, Princess?',he grinned.

If he's waiting for a thank you, he's gonna be waiting here for a while.

I tried to reach for the rice and even got on my tippy-toes, but he continued to raise the rice further above his head.

'You're not getting a thank y-', I stopped as his face came inches in front of mine. He looked straight in my eyes and whispered in my ear.

'Be a good girl and say thank you.'

What?! I can't let him get what he wants.

I moved closer to his face and whispered, ' How about you be a good boy and give me what I want.' I smirked and grabbed the bag of rice which lingered in his hand. Speechless. I left him speechless.

As I walked towards the counter, I heard him chuckle.

'You've finally recognised me, haven't you?'

I paused and stood still.

'You've changed.'