Chapter 22: Kou POV 2

'Maybe I will.'

I walked off, not bothering to look behind. I didn't know how she felt, whether she was happy that I left her alone or not. A wave of guilt washed over me, but I tried my hardest not to show it. A sharp pain pierced my heart, as if I was stabbed by a dagger. I placed my hand onto my chest in pain .I'm such an idiot.. How can I just say that? Am I going crazy? 

I held my head down low for the rest of the journey home. Once I arrived, I slipped my shoes off. I was greeted my my mom and my brother, but I didn't respond because I was deep in my thoughts. I entered my room and threw my bag onto the floor. I lay down on my bed and looked up to the ceiling.

She's an idiot, how did I fall for someone like that? Someone that is so dumb, weird and awkward. I turned towards the picture that sat on my dresser. We were kids. Her little arms wrapped around my neck, and she smiled so sweetly. I remember my heart beating like crazy, I never thought I could feel that way.

Yet again, I fell for that someone...

————————————

'You haven't gone out for a while now, what's going on?,' my mother asked as she opened the curtains, letting the sun shine violently against my face. I haven't gone outside since that day, I just didn't have any motivation to.

'Nothing.' I murmured, with my face planted in my pillow. School was going to start in a few days but I wasn't ready. 'I'll come down in a minute.'

A few minutes later, I dragged myself out of bed, got ready and made my way downstairs. Yuki sat down in the living room watching television and my mom was in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

'Kou, I need you to get some eggs from the store. Take some money out of my purse.' My mom requested, pointing at her purse which sat on the kitchen table.

'Oh, and can you get me some snacks please?!' Yuki exclaimed.

'No.' I replied.

'How can you be so mean to your own brother.' he whined. I ignored him and slipped my slippers on. I made it to the store and grabbed what was needed then paid. As I walked back home, I went past Y/n's house. I looked up to her bedroom window in guilt. If only you knew how I felt..  The sharp pain in my chest returned, so I decided to leave.

I came back home and the rest of the day was normal. I stayed home, watched shows, listened to music and done some last minute assignments.

The rest of the spring holiday went by and I had to return to school again. I made my way to the train station and arrived at school a few minutes later. I walked down the street to school and heard someone call out my name.

'Kou! Wait for me!' The voice was high pitched and irritating. I turned to see Hanako run up to me. What does she want.. I turned my head back around and pretended I didn't hear her. But, to my luck she caught up to me. 'Geez, you walk so fast!' she remarked. I gave her a side eye and continued on walking, but she continued to follow me.

'What do you want?' I coldly asked.

'What do you mean? I just want to hang out with my hubby!' he voice was annoying.

'I don't belong to you, now leave me alone.'

'Wow, what's gotten into you today? Let me guess it's that girl that is obsessed with you.'

No it's you.

'What's her name again....? Ah, Y/n. I hate her so much.'

'You don't have the right to speak about her like that. Now leave me alone.' I began walking ahead, but she followed along.

'I was only joking! No need to become defensive, it's not like you like her or something.'

My eyes widened in shock. Does it seem like I do?
At this point, we made it to the school. I made my way to my class but I could still feel someone's presence behind me. I turned around and my face instantly dropped. 'Why are you still following me?'

'I'll wait with you until the lesson begins.' she replied, taking a seat on the chair beside me. 'Come on, sit.'

I sighed and took my seat. She was talking for so long, I wasn't paying attention to what was happening. A few minutes had past and she was still talking. I raised my head to the sight of Y/n walking into the classroom. She didn't look well at all. I quickly glanced back and Hanako to make it seem as though I was listening to the conversation.

I glanced a few times at Y/n whose back was turned towards me the entire time. She doesn't seem affected. Class began and Hanako finally left. I lay my head against my desk and ignored all reality for a while.

Why is it that only you makes me feel this way?

————————————

Lunch time came by, so I made my way to my locker. As I unlocked the locker door, a note fell out from it. I opened it and read what was written.

"Meet me at the rooftop in 5 minutes!"

I closed the note and looked around to see if anyone was nearby and watching. I took the note and locked my locker door before going up to the rooftop. I arrived and saw a figure leaning again the tall gate that run around the edge of the roof. I walked closer and noticed that it was Hanako.

What does she want now?

She stood up straight once she saw me and then smiled. 'I didn't think you would actually come.'

'So why did you want to meet me here?' I asked, getting to the point.

'So, I've been wanting to ask you this for a while now..' She paused for a moment then continued. 'Do you want to be my boyfriend? I think we'll be great together, we have so much in common and-'

'And what do we have in common exactly?'

'Well we both have good looks.' she confidently responded. I let out a small chuckle of disbelief.

'So it's all about the looks?'

'Well, no..' she muttered. After Hanako said that, I heard a rustling of a bag, I turned my head but no one was there. I looked back at Hanako.

'I already have someone I like. I'm willing to wait for her.'