Chapter 5: Don't Look At Me Like That

"Thanks for the ride mom."

"No problem honey. Be careful, you don't want to hurt your ankle even more."

"I will." You got out of the car; crutches in hand; and took a deep breath. "I never thought I'd say this; but I'm glad to be back in school."

The two weeks of recuperation had gone by faster than expected. The days became easier to tolerate, what with Gou and the swim club coming by every now and then to keep you entertained. Even Rin visited you a few times along with his little sister. He still gave you the creeps, but he was actually pretty fun to be around. One thing's for sure though; the memory of Makoto's kiss had not yet dissipated from your remembrance.

Every time Gou came by with the boys, you acted as if nothing had happened. That didn't mean, however, that your heart wasn't going crazy on the inside. You were having a hard time deciding whether you liked him or not. Well, obviously, you did (who wouldn't?), but did you feel something stronger for him? You had discarded the thought immediately, noting that you still practically knew nothing about him as a person. /That's right; you can't say you love somebody until you know them completely\.

The bell rang and you made your way inside.

All day, you were showered with stares and questioned about what had happened to you; and all the time you answered the same way; "It was just a small accident, nothing more," It was tiresome and not soothing in the least; let alone with the fact that you weren't used to it (Though it was nice to see them being nice to you). Luckily, Gou was there to rescue you almost every time.

You both ate lunch together (Along with Hana-San), and after school, you would go to see the swim club practice together, just like you promised.

***

It wasn't your first time seeing the boys half-naked, but it sure as heck didn't cease to amaze you. Nagisa's calf muscles; Haruka's signature triceps; Rei's beautiful deltoids; and last, but certainly not least, Makoto's godly back muscles. /Oh Lord, Gou's obsession is getting to me\.

A calm, beautiful afternoon; semi-nude hot guys getting soaked in a pool right before your very eyes; your day couldn't get better than this. Well, maybe if you still didn't have a cast on your leg.

"Great job, guys! Rei, your butterfly stroke is looking better. Keep it up!" Gou had changed from frantic, muscle-loving girl, to totally serious, swim coach. /When did she change into that jacket anyway?\. "Good! Makoto-Sempai your stroke is much stronger than before!" She went on, complimenting the boys and cheering them on. She might be a strange person, but seeing her like this, made you admire her a little bit more.

Sightseeing was great and all, but there was nothing much to do in your conditions; hence, you grabbed your bag and sat down carefully next to the fence. /Maybe I can try and finish that book today\, you thought reaching into your bag.

"Hey." You looked up to the soaked giant before you.

"Hello, Makoto." You smiled, putting your bag on the ground.

"Why are you so far away? Wouldn't you rather be over there with the rest of us?" He crouched down to your eye level. /GOSH, those are gorgeous green eyes.\

"Hehe, yeah...but I can't stay up for too long; otherwise I'll be forced to lean on my bad leg."

"Aha, I guess you're right." He adorably rubbed the back of his neck. "I'd love to join you, but I have to practice."

"It's no problem, practice is more important. I'll just stay here and read my book."

He smiled meekly and patted the top of your head, "Alright, if you say so." Precisely at that moment, you both received a brief recollection of that Tuesday evening's happening. The blush was now visible on your faces.