Chapter 2: Trust

"Uwaaaahh, [Name]-Chan is exposing so much skin!" Ughhh, that Nagisa. Just when you were trying to approach the water without being seen. But instead, he blurts that out and runs right at you, "Hey hey, you have really nice curves. Don't you guys agree?"/Crud.\ You couldn't look at them, really. Not with all this red on your face. And right now, all eyes were on you. /I want to disappear...\. You knew it wasn't true though, he was just being nice.

"Yeah, I guess so." Your eyes widened at Rin's unexpected comment /He actually agreed??\, "What? Don't look at me like that. It was just a compliment so don't think much of it." He scoffed and went to grab a beach ball. "Whatever let's just play some volleyball!"

"Ehhh, Rin-Chan is so mean." Nagisa mumbled before following the others to play.

'Don't think much of it,' he said. Yeah, easier said than done.

"No worries." A warm hand made its way onto your shoulder, and you veered your head to face a pair of green eyes. "Rin has an odd way of expressing his thoughts. Besides...I think you look do good in that swimsuit. Bu-but in a nice, and non-perverted kind of way!" He said while frantically waving his hands in the air. A hint of blush on his face. /Seriously, How can someone so big be so darn cute?\

You giggled a little before speaking, "I really appreciate your comment, Tachibana-San." His face tensed up for a moment at the mention of his name; but his expression steadily grew into a sweet smile.

"Well, let's join the fun, shall we?" You nodded and followed behind.

***

Twenty minutes of splashing went by, and despite all of your previous expectations, you were actually having fun. The pressure of being surrounded by the opposite sex was gradually dissolving. You didn't know what exactly it was about these guys that made you feel so...natural. So secure.

Ever since you could remember, being in crowds was always a disaster for you; always afraid of embarrassing yourself, of getting crushed by those around you. It was natural for human beings to insult each other, and make fun of other people once they mess up. It was, without a doubt, your biggest fear; to be shunned and made fun of. These guys, however, they just made you smile without a reason, even if you were nervous around them. But, why?

"[name!]" Gou called from the shore. /When did she get out of the water?\ , "Could you help me with the cooking?" You nodded in agreement and headed to her direction.

"What's for lunch?" You rubbed your shoulder, sore from hitting all those high balls.

"We're going western style with some old fashioned hot dogs." She suddenly stopped and looked around; as if to make sure that no one would hear what she was going to say, "So, who's body do you like the best?"

"Huh?"

"You know what I mean! Which of the boys has the best muscles!? In my opinion, you should go for Onii-Chan. He has the greatest biceps." You were confused; and for a moment, it was almost as if you could see the sparkle in her eyes when she spoke about muscles.

"I-" You stared at the boys who were laughing and enjoying themselves; some heat rose from your cheeks, "-I don't think I'm qualified to answer that."

Gou frowned at your reaction, "Don't be like that. Come on, you must have a favorite muscle."

"Well..." you mulled it over for a few moments "...I do sorta have a thing for backs."

The hairs on the back of your neck stood up, at the very moment her face morphed from sweet and innocent, to utterly evil and mischievous. "Gou?"