Chapter 7: Remember

“TELL. ME. EVERYTHING.” The burgundy haired girl had been lurking all over you ever since you set foot inside the café. You were beginning to regret telling her about what had happened yesterday between you and Makoto. But she was your friend; you couldn’t just dismiss her like that.

          “I already told you,” You replied with a sigh, “I confessed and he asked me out; nothing special.” But you knew pretty darn well it was special. Never in your life had you been asked out by a boy until now. And what’s more; he was perfect, in every way that you could possibly contemplate. You sure were lucky.

          “Aggh!” She sat back down on her seat, “I can’t believe I was actually there when it happened and still didn’t get to see anything!”

          “You weren’t supposed to see.”

          “You’re so picky, [name]-Chan.” Her eyes glistened for a moment and she quickly bent over to grab your hands. “But I’m so happy that you found someone special. It’s your first boyfriend!” The word ‘boyfriend’ sent a shiver down your spine, that was both uncomfortable and pleasant.

          “H-he’s not my boyfriend-”

          “-Yet.” She cut you off, mid-sentence; but you just twitched your eye and resumed, “We’re just going out to get to know each other better.”

          “What about the kiss then?”

          Right…the kiss. A hint of red rushed to your cheeks; the memory of Makoto’s passionate kiss, still new and fresh on your lips.

          “He said it was just a sudden impulse.”

          “He must really like you a lot.” Gou curled her mouth into a smile.

          You could only reply with a blush.

          The café was fairly quiet today; the lack of human presence, lowering your nervousness a little bit. Warm rays of sun cut right through the clearness of the glass windows, buttering your skin with warmth. Even the birds were up and wandering amongst the pale clouds; a perfect day for a date.

          The vibrations from your cell phone snatched you away from your trance. You grabbed it to see who it was.

          “It’s Makoto.” Gou eagerly bent over to see the text, but you pulled the phone away from her view.

          The text read:

         ‘Just checking to see if the date is still on?'

          You grinned and texted back:

         ‘Of course; see you after your swimming practice :)'

          The phone vibrated almost instantly /That was fast\:

          ‘I’ll be waiting ヽ( ´ 7')ノ’ /Hehehe. Cute\.

          “Your eyes are really shining, [name]-chan.” Gou remarked teasingly.

          “Shut it.” You pouted playfully at her and chuckled.

          It was the first time you had ever been to Samezuka Academy. It was big.

          Since it was the beginning of Golden Week, Iwatobi High was closed. It was a good thing that Rin could provide access to Samezuka’s indoor pool for the boys to practice.