Chapter 12: Only You

/Rin...\ you smiled happily and waved a feeble hand at the burgundy haired boy, who looked at the ground sheepishly for a few seconds before managing to wave back with a grin on his lips.

"You can't leave [Name]-Chan!"

"You're one of us now!"

Your classmates remarked one by one, each one of them giving a reason for why you shouldn't leave. A few tears threatened to fall, but you bit your lip in attempt to keep them at bay. /There's no way I can leave this place... Why don't you realize that, dad?\ The thought made you turn on your heels. "Dad?" You eyed the motionless man. It was rare to see him this shocked; his usual expression mostly consisted of anger or boredom, but now he just seemed plain stupefied. A rare sight indeed, but...was he convinced? Only one way to find out;

"Dad?" His jaw tightened visibly, "Dad...please. Can't you let me st-?"

"NO!" The yell startled most of the people around you. However you managed to let the humiliation slide regarding the current situation you were in. Still, his shouts weren't receding, "You're coming with us, [Name] and that's final!"

"Dad, please!" You went up to him, but he just took a step backwards.

"You need to learn your place, I'm your father and I tell you what to do! Now stop sassing me and go march towards those gates." He squeezed your left wrist and yanked you forwards, a low yelp rolled from your lips.

You looked back at your friends, who wore the same disappointed look you did. /I guess, there's no convincing him is there?..\ You though as you stared down to your toes and reluctantly accepted defeat.

"Wait." A voice shattered the uneasy atmosphere. You all made silence and just stared as he walked forward with confidence in his every step. Stopping behind you, he revealed his glistening shark teeth to talk, "Your daughter has certainly caused a lot of trouble since she came to Iwatobi High. You see, no matter how hard we try...we just can't seem to get her out of our hearts."

"Rin.." A whisper fell from your shaky voice as the tears finally came down.

He placed his hand on your head and ruffled your hair slightly before parting his lips once more, "I think it's best for her to stay and repay the damage she's done." He finished with a wink. You couldn't stop smiling like an idiot, gosh this was so embarrassing...but you noticed that your father had let go of your wrist, returning to his baffled state.

"I second the motion!" Nagisa hopped forward.

"As do I." Rei followed; then Makoto, then Haru until they were all standing behind you like some sort of protective barrier, making your dad step back a bit.

'N-no..you can't." He spoke while slightly shaking with anger. "I'll never let yo-"

"Honey, you can stay." She cut him off before finishing. You recognized your mother's voice coming from your right side.

"Wh-..m-mom, really?" She approached you and put her hands on your shoulders.

"Ever since you were little, you had always been a quiet girl; never talking to anyone and always playing in a corner. Heck, you never brought a friend home, not once. And it really worried me. You were always so sad and I was always so busy that I couldn't even find enough time to spend time with you. My heart was constantly being torn in two. That's why I quit my job when you were in middle school...to be able to stay home and interact with you a bit more, though it still wasn't enough I guess... But right now, you have this beautiful desire in your eyes. I know that your heart is happy and I couldn't find it in me to tear you away from that."