Chapter 1: The Meeting

Waking up early had never been your strong point. Nevertheless, it was hard to refuse an invitation from a new friend.

About a few weeks had passed since the first day of school at Iwatobi High. The move had been hard on you because it was all so new and different. Plus, you were separated from the little people you knew and loved. But it had to be done, for the sake of the family.

Once you and your family had arrived, the first thing on your list was to make friends. Yeah, easier said than done. You had never been a popular girl, nor did you possess the looks of a goddess, so making friends was an issue. Especially if you were shy. So thank God for Matsuoka Gou, the girl who befriended you the very first day of school. Though a bit bossy, she was a nice girl who deeply cared for her loved ones (not to mention, that she had a huge obsession with muscles).

Yesterday, you received a call from her inviting you to the beach. Hence, here you were; 10:35 a.m.; sitting on a couch with your cellphone in hand, desperately waiting for Gou's call. /Man, she sure is taking her time...\ you said thoughtfully.

*RING RING*

/Finally!\ "Hello, Gou-Chan?"

"It's Kou!" She yelled annoyingly. You rolled your eyes in response as she kept on talking, "Listen, I can't make it to your house because my brother isn't ready yet. But don't worry, I sent two of my friends in my stead. They'll arrive any minute!"

"Wha?! G-Gou-?-"

"Sorry, I have to go. See you in a bit [name]-Chan!

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Your heart sank. /Walking to the beach with two people I don't even know?!\ Well this was fantastic. There's no way you could keep your cool in a situation like this.

Almost as if on cue, the doorbell rang /Aw man...\

Hands sweaty and fist clenched to your sides, you made your way to the front door /Here we go\ you thought as you twisted the doorknob .

"Good mor.....ning.." /Oh my goodness\

Two hot guys; at the front door; in front of your own house. /Gou, what the heck did you get me into?...\

"Good morning. You must be [last name][first name]. My name is Tachibana Makoto, it's very nice to meet you." An olive haired boy greeted himself as he bowed down in respect. /Man he's tall\ Then, your eyes trailed off to a peculiar dark haired boy, who rudely averted your gaze.

As if sensing his actions, the one called Makoto blurted, "Ah! This is Nanase Haruka. Don't worry, he's just a bit shy."

"Oh. Is that so?" /My hands are really shaking, dang it!\

"We should get going. Gou entrusted us to pick you up and get you safely to the beach." Makoto held his hand up to help you down the steps.

"A-Ah, well...thanks. Sorry for the bother."

Your whole body fired up once your hands met. They were so big and comforting. Also, this was the first time you'd ever had skin contact with a guy! Though nervous, you somehow found it calming. His hand almost conveyed tranquility to your body and you even felt a bit more relaxed.

"Thanks..." You whispered softly and smiled at him.

"No problem!" /Huh? I could have sworn I just saw him blush a little bit\.

Just then, the moment was cut off by Haruka, "Hurry up, I want to get into the water." Makoto laughed softly, and gestured me to go along first. /What a gentleman..\ you smiled.

***

Somehow, after a few minutes of walking, you ended up right between the boys.

Apparently, they both lived very close to your home. About a 6-8 minute walk from Makoto's house to yours, and a 10-12 walk from Haru's. But that was it. You had absolutely no more data on these two, whatsoever.