15

Jenkins

I was around 11 years old at that time when I met the weirdest and spontaneous woman.

I was reading a book Nik, my friend, recommended to me.

"Thats a nice book Jenkins, It has nice plot" sabi ni Nik sa kabilang linya.

I was holding the book on the other side of my palm. It wasn't thick nor thin.

"who recommended you this book ? Sa pagkakaalam ko, you like sci-fi books. I never knew you would recommend a romance one" ani ko

It's true, I was shocked when he said that the book he recommended me was a romance theme book.

"Just a kid I passed by" ani niya, napakunot naman ang noo ko

"Did you go outside your palace?" Nikolas was a quiet type of person, more serious and mysterious than me. Compare to Lyle who is loud and weird. Compared to us, Nik was the type to always stay at home and read a book.

he would skip playdates just to finish a book he's reading.

"Yes I did" he answered

"wow well that's the 1st time. Who was it?" I asked

"Just a random girl in the nearby park"

"A girl?"

"Yeah, she's around 2 or 3 years younger than us. She recommended me the book to- wait no. She recommended and gave me the book"

"Woah, she's nice! Did you get her name?" It was complete silence when Nik talked again

"No, tinawag na kasi siya non. But I guess her name was Enfelissa" he said

"And how did you know?"

"It was written on the back cover of the book. " ani niya

"Ahhh"

I spent another 10 minutes talking to Nik on the phone when suddenly Nik needed to go so the call ended.

The book was about a woman falling inlove with a guy who kept chasing her since they were kids. It was my 1st time reading that kind of genre. It was my first time reading a romance book.

I never read one, not because I don't like it but because it wasn't my taste.

I stopped reading the book when someone knocked on my door. Pagbukas ko non ay si manang Amihan ang bumungad sa akin. She was the mayordoma of Casaina.

"PrinceJoshua, your father wants to speak to you," she said, tumango naman ako.

I placed my book on top of the shelf that was beside my door before going outside.

Nang makarating kami sa office ng ama ko ay bumungad sa akin sila mama na nasa likod ng lamesa ni papa. I was about to talk when the girl that in front of them looked at the back...at my direction.

Gayon rin ang lalaking tabi niya na napagkaila ko na si Knight Anesto pala. The trusted knight of my father. Anesto Taliano.

nang mamataan ako ng aking ina ay napangiti siya agad.

"Great Jenkins is here!" ani niya at saka lumapit sa akin at hinila ako paharap sa kanila.

My eyes were glued with the girl beside Mang Anesto. Who is she? Is she a princess? Why does she look familiar? Like I've seen an adult version of her?

She was wearing a baggy pants with matching crocs and pink laced dress top. She look cute. She was smiling at me innocently.

Nang mamataan niya ako ay hindi na nawala nag ngiti niya sa kanynag mukha. It was a little weird. I had a few friends that were girls but they never done this for a first impression.