2. likely story.

The shadows of the trees shielded Averie's eyes from the sunlight pertruding through the leaves that coveted each branch attached to every trunk. Her book was open, yet her eyes weren't focused on the printed words on the page.

Instead, they were drawn to the silhouettes sparring on the platforms about one hundred metres ahead of her position. The way their bodies motioned, as if the weapons in their possession were attachments of their being. They used weapons like Averie used her magic.

One figure drifted her eye. The familiar looking boy. The girl's voice scoffed. "So... I was right..." She surmised to herself at her previous presumption about Sky's course at Alfea.

Averie also surveyed the figure of the boy who was on the noir platform. The other boy from earlier. From what she could see without the help of her glasses, the boys seemed to be chatting more than fighting. The seventeen-year-old tried to channel the wind; absorbing the vibrations of sound that were formed as the friends sparred.

It heightened her hearing ability. It wasn't perfect, it was temperamental at best but it seemed to be a clear frequency. She could sound out the clashing of wooden weaponry, but much more to her amusement on a day with no lessons.

"She has spunk, mate. If you don't make a move on her..." She made the voice out to be Riven. At that point, she could see they were circling at the edges of the elevated surface. But couldn't make out the details of their expressions.

"I don't think you could handle her." The blonde taunted to his friend.

"And why's that, then?" Averie could make out their hand gestures as they raised the implements as they expressed.

"Because she has a different anatomy to your hand." That line caused Averie to giggle, losing concentration- the lilac shade in her eyes blinked back to their honey colour. Losing frequency with their words, dropping her book as static tingles lingered on her skin.

It was better than the last time it had occurred. Last time she gave herself a full electric burst. "Really need to control that..." She mumbled absentmindedly to herself, once again.

The girl bent down, gripping onto the closed book, straightening back up again. Luckily she wasn't wearing a skirt, it would have been embarrassing. As she looked at the platform she had been for the past minute or so, she was met with a wave from Riven. Sky was lucky that Averie couldn't see his expression of vexation towards the guy waving for the purpose of his own personal ridicule.

Riven could see the way the girl rolled her eyes at his action, before she whipped around. Heading back to the building she had left for some outdoor scenery and a good read; a guilty pleasure of hers. She built up this facade of a sharp-tongued, fierce individual just to shroud her feelings for those she cared for.

She paced along the path, retracking her steps. She could just used the speed element of her aerial magic, but she liked being at a normal pace to everyone else. It made her feel more human than fairy.

Her ears didn't need the help of her magic to make the booming steps audible. The noise came from behind her. "Wait up!" The familiar sounding voice shouted. The noir-clothed male decelerated in swiftness. His hand gripping onto his rucksack, as he slowed.

Averie didn't stop in her tracks. "Averie..." Sky stifled a laugh as he sped up his steps once again. This time she did pivot around, hands behind her back; gripping her second favourite book.

"I am so sorry, Sky." Sarcasm in her voice as she stood stationery facing the blonde. "I didn't realise you were speaking to me." A hint of flirtation laced her tongue.