12. i love you, averie.

Who knew that after you'd been thought to be dead that the rumours got out?

And who knew that you'd have to face your attempted murderer?

Well... Averie didn't know about any of that but she still had to follow through with it anyway.

She had been half crippled by her suitemates upon entering the dorm the night prior. Her roommates noticed a change in the girl. As if she was a different person entirely...

They didn't blame her. She had just died and been resurrected by an unknown power. It was bizarre.

As her eyes looked at herself in the reflexive surface of the mirror, Averie didn't know who was looking back at her. Her eyes were different despite their appearance being identical to before the event. Even the skin that layered her body didn't feel like hers.

She hadn't even attempted to use her magic. That's the thing that felt the most foreign to the fairy.

A hand lapped the bare skin of her arm, body turning to be met with the form of Terra. "Hiya, just wanted to know if you wanted this plant?" Her eyes peering down at the small, planted pot whilst her hands retrieved the succulent. A smile entrenched both of their faces.

"I'll cherish it to the end of my days..." The earth fairy's eyes scoured down to the blistered, yet defining markings that chartered down the groove of her shoulder travelling down the bicep of her left arm, joining with the scars of the same nature from several weeks before.

Averie wasn't oblivious to the wondering eye of Terra. "It's like the scars on my wrists. Like the empty branches of trees in the Autumn..."

"Ave... you can talk to us-"

"I know that, Terra, and I appreciate it." Her body brushing past the girl, who was in front of the door way of the bathroom, which is where Averie wanted to leave. The girl's direction diverting; pivoting back around to the girl, "I really do appreciate it, Terra. Just need to gain a sense of self again."

Her travels took her to place the cute plant the earth fairy had gifted, onto her desk. Admiring it as she did.

There was a knock on the door to the suite. Followed by the footsteps of Sky, who had been sent to escort Averie to the east wing. "Knock, knock..." The voice came from inside her room, causing her to jump slightly.

"Ass..." Her voice muttered looking at his casual expression. His eyes did the same as Terra's had done. Drifted into the scar that stencilled down the exposed skin caused by the halter top she was wearing. "Please, stop." He heard how her tone was filled with desperation and an ounce of shame.

Her senses picking up on his movements which drew closer to her as she threw on a woolen cardigan- to cover the markings. A hand prevented her from lifting the left sleeve over the indentation. "You don't have to hide it, Ave." His other hand placed on the right side of her waist. His eyes focused on the way her jaw tightened and how her being melted into his reach. "You don't have to see her. You know that right?"

The girl's position turned to face him. She could sense the worry. "Yes I do. On both accounts."

The two left the suite, she got looks from students. And quite frankly she didn't care anymore due to the multiple causes and the fact that she had just lost the will to care how everyone saw her. "Sorry for being so cold towards you." She stated, as they worked their ways down the stairs.

"You don't have to be... it must be a lot at the moment." His words were truthful and understanding. It was the cause of her smile, the two left Fairy Hall, walking on the gravel paths. A smirk appeared on his face as he approached the spot which gave him deja vu. "I remember mind my own business and this crazy lady walked right into me." He witnessed the smile that had become so important to him.