15. you better come back alive, or else I'll avada kedavra your arse.

The night had fallen and the way in which the pair ran across the plains of grass, towards the lights originating at the edge of the forest. The source was that of the specialists that were congregated. On the way, they picked up a straggler- Riven.

The mist laid thick enough to put them on edge as they halted their steps. The trio approaching the four adults who had been part of the same battalion squad years ago. Averie's mind wandered where her brother and her mother were as she saw her single parent stood there. "You're late." A vexed Saul Silva stated, peering at the teens- as did the other surviving specialist of the former squadron. Averie avoided his gaze.

"I had to-" His voice cut off by the sonorous burst of the snarl that was amplified by the magic of Farah Dowling. More so to the girl stood next to Sky, however- she took the brunt of the sharp sound. Not making a massive deal out of it.

Everyone was tossed back by their reflexes. Some hadn't ever seen a Burned One or heard one for that matter, and even those that had held the same response. Multiple different pitches and tones rang in the surrounding individuals' eardrums. It was horrifying. The fact that all their studies that Burned Ones travelled alone- only to be faced with several of those creatures, made everyone's mind boggle in that moment.

"How many are there?" The voice was familiar in their ears, more so to Averie- due to the fact that it belonged to one of her non-specialist roommates.

Aisha shot her a look of greetings, whilst the Headmistress didn't seem too welcoming to the arrival. "Get back to school!" Her tone stressed and certain. "You shouldn't be this close to the barrier."

The Headmaster rotated his body to look at the girl, "it's no time for extra credit." The snide way in which he stated his remark made Riven grin, before his face simmered back down.

"I'm not looking for extra credit." Her wide eyes looked into the ones of Farah Dowling, "you need to know what's happening."

Her eyes met with the ochre-coloured ones belonging to Averie, whose face she had expected to be more surprised than it was. "Bloom?" The gentle, knowing voice stated. The water fairy's head gave a nod. It left an unsettling presence in the air.

Dowling and Harvey escorted Aisha back to the school after she had told them of Bloom and the other members of the Winx Suite's plans. Averie divulged that she had found Sky drugged. As the two teachers and the single student they left rest of the students there with Marcus Alexander and Saul Silva. "Where's Mum and Dexter?" Even if he didn't know his daughter all that well, he could make sense of the ineffable gaze present in her eyes.

His stance changed as he spoke with his daughter. It was tenser than before- because he didn't really know his legacy. "Lin's defending the school with her magic. Dex is with her."

Her head nodded. Averie still felt disconnected to her sibling but she still needed to know.

Marcus knew this by the way she walked back to her the group. His steps following after her. However there were members missing from the squad. Averie's senses catching onto confrontation. The voices involved originated from said missing members. She knew it was rude to eavesdrop, but she couldn't help it.

'Should I be worried I had to find out from Averie that Bloom drugged you, Sky?' As she heard those words, she decided that she didn't need to interfere like that. Sky was worth more to her than that. Her eyes no longer lilac in hue, and her position no longer surveyed by the specialists surrounding her.

It was only a matter of minutes before the duo approached, Sky's position next to hers. "What's the situation?" The Yorkshire accent present in their ears.