13. i've already sent for her.

The last week hadn't caused Averie any pain herself, but she had become worried about Bloom.

She had been so secretive around both her and Aisha, always jotting stuff down in her books- hiding the contents and her worries from anybody in the Winx Suite.

The behaviour was traced back to their visit to Aster Dell with Beatrix. She had gotten into Bloom's head and that was a dangerous thing.

Both roommates had noticed how she sneaked out at night and came back a while later. Each night, for the last week- it made them question if their friend had become a devotee to the evil air fairy. But that was an eventuality neither wanted to be on the tables.

Averie couldn't shake her personal grief. Her father in Alfea, the source of her magic and her feelings for her specialist partner. Which brought the topic of the training week. It was an annual occurrence but this was different.

The training had been dragged out to the full week and was much more extensive than the previous one that the past students had been used to.

The four adults sat on the sofa seated in front the table. The location was the Headmistress' office and the atmosphere was that of concern. "I can't believe Luna..." The newcomer, who was well-acquainted with the trio around him stated. The tone was one of disbelief. "Never liked that woman. She was always... self-centred..."

The raven-haired comrade of his chuckled at his statement. "Great to have you back, Marcus." The smile on the foreign male was that of nostalgia. Of the times that they fought together before the Burned Ones disappeared- well... were destroyed.

"It's great to be back." Saul patted his armour-covered shoulder.

"As alleviating it is to have you back, we have more present matters to discuss. Have your reunion party later..."

The brunette sat back. "Nice to see you haven't changed, Farah~" Marcus earnt an eye roll from the female, who was smiling on the inside.

"We are here to talk about the Burned Ones." Her posh tone rang in their ears. "We no longer have the Solarians' support and Alfea's protection comes from a single battalion in current activity..." Her brown eyes meeting with the darker shade of Marcus.

"Which is why you called me." His vocals surmised. "I've already sent for her. Don't worry." The three shared looks.

Farah leaned forward, her forearms on her knees. "I don't think that's beneficial for your daughter's mental state, Marcus... I trust you've heard the rumours spreading around the school..." Her voice strayed slightly.

The man gave a nod of his head, which happened to be lowered- a shadow cast over his features. "It's been eight years since she's been living with my brother in the First World... since..." His fists clenched at the thought that he wasn't there when the burglary occurred and that his nine-year-old daughter had to defend the house. Only to paralyse his son in the process. "Even if Averie doesn't need it... I know that Lin does."

The silence was empty; darkened by the topic. The spectacled man sighed. "How is she?"

Marcus' expression fell, his scar littered digits swept over the bristled hair that covered his jawline. "Worrie- beyond worried." His own words lapped over each other. "Dex is as well... which is why he's coming with Lin."

The faculty alarmed and surprised by his latter comment. "You do realise the imminent danger surrounding Alfea, Marcus?" His head gave a slight nod, jaw clenching as he did.

"I'd be a shit specialist if I didn't, Ben." The man's voice unintentionally venomous, he hadn't changed since their time in the squadron led by Rosalind. The human specialist who could counter the power of those with magical abilities. "Lin and Dex are aware of the dangers, as well."