17. this isn't the end.

Despite the need for sleep, the girl couldn't. Somehow she had made it back from the chilled air of the outside back to her room in the suite.

It must have only been half an hour ago, as she peered at the time on the clock that was positioned of the birch-wood nightstand beside her. It all flooded back into her memories, her arm peering down at the burned off left-arm of her armour; remembering the power and electricity she felt.

Although she could barely get out of her bedsheets- which she had been delicately tucked into by someone, her legs hobbled to her wardrobe- ensuring not to wake up Bloom or Aisha as she plucked clothes off of hangers. Before retreating into the bathroom to change into her attire.

Averie had discovered that the baggy hoodie (that didn't belong to her) was a good option, as her cold hands shoved themselves into the pockets at the front. Her legs silhouetted with noir leggings and her feet covered in trainers.

The night was still very much present; no sign of sunrise and there probably wouldn't be for at least another five hours. She trudged out onto the plain of grass, her eyes meeting with those that were blue as a clear ocean scene- which paved tranquillity into her soul. His body still sheathed in the armour worn during the recently occurring events.

He expected the familiar sight to seat herself beside his body, instead warmth curled up onto his sat position. Resonating the cradle he had her in previously whilst carrying her up to her room. Tucking her in tightly, placing an affection-filled peck on her forehead before he came out to the wilderness of Alfea to mull over his own issues.

Sky's head glanced down at the brunette, pondering how he even acquired such a rarity in a world that attempted to slaughter his happiness. Her hand placed on the space under his chest that hadn't been taken up by her weighted head. She could hear his heart pulsate faster as she rested there. "Why're you out here?" The muffled voice didn't surprise the boy, but the concerned look in her face did.

His blonde locks shook along with his head. Eyes glimmering in the light of the moon. "It's nothing..." But as he looked into the peering ochre eyes, he clutched her closer. A concept that both thought to be impossible.

Her body adjusted, so he didn't have to strain. Legs hooking around his waist- not sexually as done before- it was more of a convenience move. So she could look into the face she never knew she needed in her life. His arms grasped the small of her waist; securing Averie so she couldn't leave him. "You can talk to me, Sky..." He was blessed with the tone of his girlfriend's statement.

The tearing in his ducts made it more apparent than ever that something plagued his mind. The sensation of heat swelled above his right cheek, a thumb caressing the fugitive tears that scarred his flesh. "My father wasn't a hero... he was a murderer." Despite the fact that his eyes looked into her own, there was a distance to them. He was so far away in that moment it broke her heart. "Hundreds of people... I've been told my entire life how much of a hero he was... b- but..." As he fell of his own cliff edge, Averie caught him.

His face buried into her shoulder; his nose picked up the aroma from both: his deodorant and her vanilla, rose scent present in the fabric that cuffed her halter top beneath. It was an odour he could get used to. Alike, the feeling of her fingers trekking through the back of his messily-laid locks of blonde.

At some point he retracted his face from the support of the girl latched onto his body. "I don't know what would have happened if I'd never met you..." His voice was silky in her ears. His eyes were velvet in her eyes. His touch was cotton as she met his lips with hers.

So delicate- a feather brushing his mouth. It was the first moment of clarity and definition of the word 'affection'. And it was their moment.

No one there to witness it.