9. i'm drunk, not stupid.

Sky couldn't believe the relief that coursed through his being. The Burned One was dead and that meant Silva was going to be okay. He just hoped Stella hadn't seen both him and Averie together. Not the fact that he was embarrassed by hanging around with the girl- it was just that Stella didn't deal with jealousy well. That was proven last year with the event concerning Ricki- but this was different. Sky actually liked Averie- he thought the world of her and if his girlfriend did anything to hurt her... he didn't know how he would react.

"Check if he's alright." He didn't want to leave her in the drunken state, however he showed his hesitation.

He shook his head. "It's not right to leave you alone. Not when your like this." She bopped him on the nose. A playful manner and it caused the sobering up boy to laugh. 

"Just leave me with Rive-"

He looked into her eyes, a shake coming from his head again, "I'm not leaving you with him. I'm drunk, not stupid." 

The blonde haired girl over the other side of the room looked at how they chuckled with each other. As her boyfriend left a peck of the girl's cheek before walking away, the grip she had around her phone constricted. The texts were sent and Stella knew that only one thing would make Averie break. Giving her the news. "Hey, Averie..." The brunette wiped the smudged stains from around her mouth- to no avail. "Your secret's been let slip. Enjoy the party..." 

As her eyes scanned around the room- eyes were on her as students looked up from their phones. The moment was sobering and knocked her out of her drunken state. She did all she could think off.

Run.

Her feet crashing around the ground, eyes on her- not all from the sprint she leapt into, but because of the shared text that sparked rumours. Ones she couldn't deny because of their truth.

Averie's mind have been sober, but her movements weren't as her body stumbled into the sleeveless guy she had been playing vodka pong with. His jade eyes meeting hers. They had been filled with sympathy- he was one of the first to get the message from the princess, but unlike the rest of the first recipients, Riven hadn't spread the news with others. 

Her frantic motions picked up again. "Averie!" His voice exclaimed, his arm unable to reach the spiralling girl as she trekked away from the crowded space.

As soon as she was out of there, her body collapsed onto the gravel Hands clamouring to the ground for some sort of grip. Her magic forced the girl up as her pace faltered once again. This time she remained on her two feet. She didn't even care about the lacerations that delved into her flesh. The stinging sensation present but ignored- the adrenaline made that possible. 

Her feet treaded carefully down the organically constructed stairway, all the way down to the Stone Circle. Her magic needed a way to be released, and she didn't know a safer place to do so. It had taken the girl about fifteen minutes to get over to the location- and in that quarter of an hour, she had managed to build her anger, her frustration and emotions. The electricity burst her elastic hair tie- like a week previously. 

Averie didn't know what to do as she paced swiftly up to The Vessel- all sense of inhibition decimated, along with her concept of faith. Her mind not comprehending how evil someone could be to released such a valued and magnifying secret- like the one Stella had. 

With all the present thoughts active inside of her emotional landscape all she could do with scream into the night air. It was numb in her ears, only her lightning made her realise the extent of her suffering in that moment. Sparks and wind, alike, crackled and swirled within The Vessel, before projecting its power upwards into a burst of sparking momentum. The brunette fairy tripped over her own feet- falling into a warm and engulfing embrace. The magic stopped in that moment, that moment of peace. Her tears guttered down her skin. The person settling her body down; hands cradling her head into his chest whilst her body stood- his withstanding the weight leaned against him.