six: back from the dead

~☽𒊹︎☾~

~☽𒊹︎☾~

Lexie was on the swings whilst her mom left to take a work call. Those usually took a while. Meanwhile Alaric had taken the twins to a swimming class.

She jumped off when the swig when it was mid air and landed on her knee. She clutched it in pain and began to cry.

Unable to see her in that state, he walked over.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked soothingly, crouching down to her level.

The little blonde girl shook her head, "I hurt my knee."

"Do you want some help?"

Lexie looked hesitant, "Sorry, I'm not supposed to talk to strangers." Lexie wiped her tears as her knee healed and the pain faded.

"That's very smart. But I'm not a stranger, I'm a friend of your moms."

"I know all of my mommy's friends." Lexie folded her arms sassily, "And I don't know you."

That hurt him.

"Well I'm a very old friend of your moms."

"You don't look old."

"No not like that." He laughed at the girl, "My names Stefan."

She looked around and leant over to his ear, whispering "I'm Lexie."

"That's a very beautiful name, Lexie."

"I know it is, it's mine."

Lexie turned her head slightly in the direction of her mother and saw that she was coming back, but when she turned her head back to the man, he was gone.

"Mommy!" She ran over to her and jumped into her arms. Caroline lifted her up and carried her on her hip.

"I met your friend."

"What friend?" She asked with scrunched brows.

"He said his name was Stefan."

Caroline looked panicked and looked around the park frantically.
"Come on baby, let's go."

So Stefan watched Caroline carry his daughter away from him, before speeding away, knowing he couldn't stay near them for too long. But he also knew he couldn't stay forever.

~☽𒊹︎☾~

Lexie was woken up by Theo's party blower and sat up in shock.