seven: dear dad...

~☽𒊹︎☾~

~☽𒊹︎☾~

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us." Josie asked as she hugged her sister goodbye.

"I'm sure. After what happened the other day I think it's best I stay here. But say hi to mom for me and tell her I miss her."

"Will do-"

"Josie, come on!" Lizzie yelled from the window, "We're gonna miss our flight!"

"That's my cue." Lexie hugged her sister one last time before Josie got in the cab, "Bye!" She waved as the car drove away.

The twins were headed to Europe to see their mom, but even after everything that happened, she couldn't bring herself to leave.

It was pretty late so she thought about going to bed but decided to make a detour.

Everything looked back to normal, a.k.a pre-meltdown. She had to help the maintenance staff clean up the place but the most damage was in her room. She was up all last night cleaning up glass and putting things back were they should be. It was exhausting.

She eventually found her way to the Stefan Salvatore Memorial Library. Her fingers lingered over the display case. There was a new diary in it.

It wouldn't hurt if I took one more. She thought, They have over 100 others left, not including the ones she took.

She looked over her shoulder to see if anyone was looking and used a spell to open the lock. She slipped her hand into the case and carefully took out the book.

"I don't think you're supposed to take those you know." A voice said from behind her.

She jumped out of her skin upon hearing the sudden voice and the case closed on her fingers, "Ow!" The person who scared her came and lifted the case up, letting her take her hands, and the journal, out.

"You have issues." Lexie stated, giving Theo a glare. He laughed it off and lock the case.

"What do you want Theo?" She said as she watched the red marks on her fingers heal.

"Well, it's remembrance day-"

"Stop." She interrupted, "If you were about to ask me to write a letter this year I will break your neck and stash you in a kitchen cupboard."

Lexie hated Remembrance Day. She thought that it was just a sick way to torture people with the memories of people they'd lost. And after the events of her dreadful birthday, she couldn't think of anything worse.