sixteen: can i have this dance

~☽𒊹︎☾~

~☽𒊹︎☾~

Every soul in the room stood in shock as the crying blonde made her swift exit. The saltzman twins stood in shock as they took everything in.

She hadn't told them. Why hadn't she told them? Why did they find out from some homophobe they'd never met instead of hearing it from their own sister.

A streak of auburn hair could be seen dashing towards the door but Josie grabbed her before she could leave.

"Let go of my arm." Hope growled as she sneered at the brunette. Josie kept a passive look on her face, not intimidated by the girl in the slightest.

"Let me talk to her." It wasn't a statement, it sounded more like a plea.

"Why, so you can ignore her into oblivion when she needs you the most. Like you do every five seconds." Hope was done playing nice. Her girlfriend had ran out of the room a sobbing mess and she wasn't going to let either of the saltzman girls do what they did what they did best whilst she was in that state.

"That's exactly why I need to talk to her... Please Hope, she's my sister." Josie begged, sincerity dripping from her words. Hope could see it in her eyes that she was worried the blonde. That was the only reason she didn't stop her from leaving first.

She was planning on waiting a few minutes before she herself left but she was distracted by someone yelling.

"You need to get out!" The volatile blonde shrieked.

"Come on-" The girl in front of her scoffed but couldn't get out a full sentence without being interrupted.

"Leave, now!" Lizzie yelled over her. Bianca tried to look to her little sister for support but Juliet seemed to have her gaze fixed on the doorway that Lexie had just ran through with tears streaming down her face.

"Fine. Jules, we're leaving. Let's go."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Her voice was barely above a whisper yet somehow seething with anger.

"Excuse me?" The older Kane sister moved towards the younger with a wide eyed expression.

"How could you say those things. Lexie is my friend. Hell- she's a person. How could you say that to another human being?" She scalded in disbelief.

"Julie-" She tried to defend herself but Juliet wouldn't let her.

"I mean who are you? Who have you become that you can say those things to a teenage girl and not even feel an ounce of remorse?"

"Juliet-"

"Just go. I'll make my own way home." She muttered before following after the girl she intended to apologise to.

"You better leave now." Lizzie remarked from across the room, "If you don't I'll call the police and trust me I'll do it."

Bianca rolled her eyes and stormed towards the door. The room still stood silent until Mrs Lilien dismissed everyone from practice.