twelve: road trip from hell

~☽𒊹︎☾~

~☽𒊹︎☾~

"Dr Saltzman, this van is very... white of you."
Kaleb stated as they set off from the school.

"It's retro."

"It's a gas-guzzling atrocity on wheels."

Hope sat up, "I brought snacks."

"Oh sweet. Did you pack them before or after you decided to FOMO your way onto our trip?"

"Like I'm gonna let you guys chase monsters without me?" Hope said sarcastically.

"I thought you would've wanted to spend the break canoodling with your hipster boyfriend."

"Sorry for wanting to protect the outside world from my mistakes. Y'know these currently an urn on a river cruise spreading plagues across America because I thought a Unicorn was cute. It's called accountability, maybe there's a bracelet for it."

"Before you guys start arguing like it's World War three, how long is the drive to Maple Hollows? I don't know how long I can take this and we've only just left." Lexie asked from the front seat.

"Six hours." Alaric let out a sad sigh.

"Oh Fuck me." She groaned sighing into her hands.

"Is that what you tell your boyfriend- oh wait." Lizzie said sarcastically, letting out a small laugh and looking to Josie. Only to see she wasn't listening. "Josie? Josie?"

"Sorry?" She said taking her earphones out.

"Josie, you cannot leave me alone with just them for company."

"I mean, we're right here." Hope deadpanned from in between the twins.

"Well I get carsick if I don't listen to music." She put the earphones back in only for Lizzie to try and pull it out.

"Josie!"

"Lizzie Stop- hey!" Jo yelled as she tried to pull her earphones away from her twin.

"Girls!" Alaric said turning around.

"Keep your eyes on the road!" Lexie exclaimed as passing cars honked their horns.

"Girls! There's no need to be tense or awkward, okay? Now knock it off. We're gonna get through this together."

"Woot. Road trip." Kaleb said from the backseat, trying to diffuse the tension.