fourteen: family drama pt. 2

~☽𒊹︎☾~

~☽𒊹︎☾~

Lexie stared at the ceiling above her. She lay silent on Theo's bed trying desperately to keep her mind blank. She was trying to stay positive, Hoping Dani opened the door rather than his parents. Or better yet, no one answered the door and they all went home before anything bad could happen. But she knew she was fooling herself.

It didn't take long for Hope to find her there, lost in her own thoughts. Without alerting the girl of her presence, she made her way to the bed and lay down beside her.

Hope made a reach for the girls hand, they were soft but her nails were short and rigid. She had clearly been picking at them out of stress. But Hope didn't mind, she needed the comfort of knowing Lexie was beside her just as much as Lexie did.

They stayed quiet for a good few minutes before Lexie's small sniffle broke the silence. Hope turned her head to face the blonde, who had a few tears rolling silently down her cheeks.

Hope propped herself up in her elbow so she was facing Lexie fully before she brought her other hand to the girls face. She wiped her tears away with her thumb.

"His parents are bad people." She spoke suddenly. "I'm scared that they've done something to him and I can't do jack shit while Rafael's still out." Her voice grew more breathless with each word. The girl was one piece of bad news away from a breakdown and Hope could tell.

Theo meant the world to Lexie. And although Lexie and Hope had become fast friends, Theo was the one who was always there for her, and vice versa. So with the thought of him hurt looming over her, she was deteriorating fast.

"I found something to help with that."

Lexie sat up so her and Hope were face to face.

"Rafael, I mean. I can give him a potion to let him access both sides of his mind. Dr Saltzman cleared it, I just wanted to tell you."

The blonde leaped off the bed at a speed Hope had ever seen her move before, and she had witnessed Lexie's track phase before she decided she was too lazy.

"What do we do?"

~☽𒊹︎☾~

When Lexie got into the room, she saw that Rafael was still seemingly asleep and being tended to by Emma.

Seeing as she knew pretty much nothing about what Hope planned to use on Rafael, she simply sat on the bed anxiously tapping her foot and waiting for Emma to agree. Unfortunately that didn't look like it was happening any time soon.