fifteen: miss mystic falls

~☽𒊹︎☾~(TW: HOMOPHOBIA)(towards the end of the chapter)

~☽𒊹︎☾~
(TW: HOMOPHOBIA)
(towards the end of the chapter)

Lexie lay still as she let tranquility consume her. Her head was finally quiet for the first time in weeks. No threat of monsters looming over her, no worries about an unrequited crush or best friends missing. It's was simply peaceful.

She turned her head to face a sleeping Hope and laid a kiss on her forehead gently, as not to wake her up.

The blonde made a move to stand up so she could get to her room before anyone woke up when Hope started whimpering.

"Hope?" She shook her as she started to cry louder, "Hope wake up."

She tried once more to wake the girl who was apparently having a nightmare when she was flung across the room by a blast of her magic.

The blonde groaned, pulling a splinter of the table she crashed on top of out of her stomach.

"Oh my God, Lexie! Are you okay?" Hope exclaimed in a pitch that was twice as high as usual.

"I'm dandy." She mused pulling another piece of blue wood from her wrist.

"What happened?" She jumped out of the bed and checked the girl for anymore injuries.

"You were having a nightmare. Must have been bad cause you blasted me into your paint." She laughed as Hope wiped paint from her cheek with a frown.

"Don't worry about it," She cupped her cheek and gave her a small kiss, "I'm fine. See?" Lexie showed her wrist which was already healed.

~☽𒊹︎☾~

"Knock knock." Lexie heard as she rubbed a towel over her hair.

"Come in."

"Lex I'm using your bathroom." Theo told her as he made a beeline for her en suite with a towel and a change of clothes in hand.

"Why?" She asked as he locked the door behind him.

"Cause Ryan Anderson decided to take the first shower of his life today on my floor and he's stinking up the whole room." Lexie gagged at the thought of the smell.

"Just be quick because Alaric said if I use to much water I'll have to start paying for it."

He made no indication that he heard her before turning on the shower.

She continued to dry her hair until she heard another knock at the door.

"Come in." She shouted over the sound of her hair dryer.

"Lex I need your help getting these supplies in because apparently moving boxes isn't in a delivery guys job description."

"Supplies for what?"