three - revealed

November, 1973, Hogwarts

**i apologise for the confusing time jumps, it will be clearer after this chapter**

Atla felt free. This was usually the case when flying, surrounded by nothing but empty skies. Well, and other people playing quidditch. She grabbed the quaffle, shooting towards the other end of the pitch. Even in third year, she was one of the star players of the Gryffindor quidditch team. Along with James Potter.

She wasn't a massive fan of his, but she didn't know him well enough to form any strong opinions. Until today.

She scored! She pumped a fist in the air as she flew back to the centre of the pitch, ready for the quaffle to be released again. Beside her was Potter and on the left was Miles Johnson, a fourth year who she knew not much about. As the quaffle shot in the air, Potter sprung forward to grab it.

He was talented, she had to admit. Not much of a team player. This was evident. She flew along the wing of the pitch, ready for him to pass. A bludger nearly hit him off his broom, causing the quaffle to drop from his hands. Atla shot a few meters below him, snatching it before it could fall into Ravenclaw's possession. She inched closer to the goals, about to score when-

'IT APPEARS THE GRYFFINDOR CHASER HARLOW HAS BEEN HIT BY A PARTICULARLY NASTY FOUL FROM RAVENCLAW BEATER, DANESON.'

She was falling with only one hand on her broom. The ground got closer and closer until she managed to use her arm to pull herself up onto her Cleansweep.

'AN INCREDIBLE SAVE FOR HARLOW, BUT DANESON HAS TO BE IN TROUBLE FOR THAT. IT IS SIMPLY AGAINST THE RULES TO HIT PEOPLE WITH YOUR BAT!'

Not wanting to lose stability, Atla landed on the grassy ground. Various other players landed too, either checking she was okay or yelling at Madam Hooch. Furious, Atla stormed over to where Daneson was stood.

For the first time in three years, Atla Harlow lost control. Unable to stop her fury, her eyes went red, followed by her dark hair. The scarlet tint spread from her roots to the tips of her curls, revealing her as a metamorphagus. She hadn't realised this, not knowing that the whole school's eyes were on her.

'DANESON! HOW DARE YOU?' She yelled, 'YOU JUST HIT ME WITH YOUR BLOODY BAT!'

'Harlow... your... your hair.' a voice came from behind her.

Atla turned, seeing Potter gaping at her with his eyes wide.

'Your eyes too,' he said, 'what a freak.'

Atla then took the advice her mother had given her two years previously...

She pulled out her wand and made James Potter the victim of a Bat-Bogey Hex. From that moment on, Atla decided she hated him. And he felt the same towards her.

So that's the great story of how everyone came to know Atla's secret, and how Potter and Harlow became one of the greatest rivalry's Hogwarts had ever seen.