four - potions with potter

September 2nd, 1976, Hogwarts

This day marked the start of Atla's sixth year at Hogwarts, and first NEWT year. Chatting with Lily, she walked to the first lesson of the day; Potions. Atla was smart. That was just a fact. She was talented, and could probably go very far in Potions...

If it wasn't for a certain sixteen year old boy who took it upon himself to put random objects in her cauldron.

Whether it be dungbombs, quills or even once Atla's History of Magic exercise book, he always found a way to sabotage Atla, and by extension Lily. So forgive her for not being too excited for the first lesson of the year. She walked through the lowest floors in the school, finally reaching the dungeons a few seconds before Professor Slughorn did. She was just talking to Dorcas Meadowes when the aged man strode into the classroom.

'Welcome back, brewers!' he said happily, 'this year will be a bit different; I will be choosing your partners.'

The class let out a synchronised groan, unhappy to be placed with people who they were not necessarily friends with.

'Oh stop that noise,' Slughorn continued, 'it has already been decided.'

The next five or ten minutes were spent being allocated workbenches and partners. Lily was placed with Dorcas, a kind Hufflepuff girl with dark brown freckled skin and beautiful brown eyes. Atla, however, had not been placed yet until-

'Potter and Harlow.'

The two teenagers looked at eachother, one with eyes full of mischief and the other eyes full of dread. This was going to be a long, terrible year, Atla thought.

**

'This year is going to be great!' James Potter said to Remus Lupin, later at lunch, 'think of all the great pranks I can play, all the objects yet to be placed in Harlow's potions'

'Or,' replied Remus, 'you two could just be friends.'

Sirius and James looked at eachother and burst out laughing.

'Them two,' Sirius joined in, 'friends? Impossible.'

'He's right, Moony, I'm not friends with the She-Devil.'

'Prongs! You know she can't control that!' Remus defended Atla, not a fan of people being treated differently for who they are, 'how would you feel if someone said that about me?'

'Sorry, Moony.'

'Sorry, Moons.'

The two boys apologised, before jumping into a discussion on which objects should go into Harlow's potion first. Remus rolled his eyes, and tucked into his food. The Gryffindor table was completely packed, apart from a few seats that happened to be opposite the four marauders. So, when Atla Harlow and Lily Evans walked in, they had no choice but to sit there.

'Harlow.' James said, taking any chance to annoy the girl, 'How is your skirt? Did you manage to get the pepper-up potion out of it?'
Atla, however, just ignore him and spoke to Remus instead, 'Hello Remus, have you done the Charms Homework?'

Before Remus could answer, though, James spoke again.

'Excuse me Harlow, I was speaking to you.'

Atla glared at him, getting more irritated by the second. Her eyes flashed red, like a warning towards Potter. She turned back to Remus, who answered her question.

'No, I haven't done it yet. Have you?'

'No, neither has Lily.'

'Well we could work on it tonight together if you want.' the boy offered

'That sounds great! Library at 8!' Atla replied, strolling away from the table.

'Harlow!' she heard Potter's voice call out, and blindly sent a jelly legs jinx behind her. The sound of Potter's yelp told her she had hit the right person.

Atla entered Transfiguration with a smile that day, pleased she had finally taught Potter a lesson.