6 - Ling Wen

A demon stormed into Hua Cheng's palace.
„Lord!"
He shook around his head multiple times till his eyes met the servant standing next to Hua Cheng's palace door.

„Where is he?", he shouted.

The servant answered,

„The lord is not in town right now. He left minutes ago. He seemed to be in a good mood and in a hurry."

The demon who had stormed into the palace started to shout,

„FUCK! Oh, lord! How can you get away like this when terrible things are happening in Ghost Town??? Lord??? We need you here!"

-Xie Lian's Palace-

„It's time to go. I heard Ling Wen on the spiritual communication array. All Material Gods have to go to Middle Court. Finally, I am able to see these demons."

Xie Lian started walking.

Then he stopped.

He forgot something.

Something important.

„Waaaaaait. Which kingdom should I go to again????"

Fuck.

He smiled embarrassed. What now? Ling Wen mentioned it so quickly and he didn't even knew the kingdom, so he had forgotten fast about it.

„What lettuce!", he thought.

About going back to the spiritual communication array and asking again about it would be too embarrassing and the other gods probably weren't even there anymore.

Xie Lian stood clearly in the slough.

„Majesty? What is wrong? You look confused?"

Xie Lian shruk around.

„Ling Wen! You are my savior!"

Ling Wen who appeared a few steps behind Xie Lian looked at him with one raised eyebrow.

„What it is now?", she asked.

Xie Lian smiled innocently and asked without embarrassment:

„Ehm... which kingdom was I assigend to?"

Ling Wen blinked at him for a few seconds and then touched her forehead.

„You forgot? So fast?"

Xie Lian nodded and started scratching his cheek,

„I am truly sorry, Ling Wen."

She let a breath out.

„Go to the kingdom Fengbao. It's the kingdom of Lei Weng."

[Note: Okay, so here I made up a character and a kingdom in Middle Court. I promise this will not happen too often and I won't make him a new main character. I just needed a new character.

Fengbao= Sturm/storm
Lei Weng= tosender Wind/thunderous wind]

Xie Lian nodded.

Ling Wen,

„He owns a pastell castle. You should recognize it from far away. It is a very tall buliding just like a tower."

Xie Lian nodded again and finally left.

On his way he thought what an incredible woman Ling Wen was. She was not just very smart but also a very loyal and precious friend to him. After all his downfalls and his misfortunes, she never treated him bad, even if she sometimes had the right to do that.
Xie Lian was glad that she wasn't a Material God. He couldn't have watched her fight, eventhough she might have been a really badass. To know her as the foremost Civil Goddess, he knew her safe in the Upper Heaven. The heavenly emperor would take care of her since she was his second-in-command.

[Okay, so here I could have made Ling Wen the Heavenly Emperor but I changed my mind and left her on her original rank.]

-Fengbao-

Xie Lian looked around. It wasn't hard for him recognize the big, pastell palace in Fengbao which belonged to the Material God Lei Weng.

„Impressive", he thought.

The palast didn't seem like a palast but like a tall tower. It was really built very high into the sky. The pastell color of it was also pointing out. What could Lei Weng possibly be for a person?

*HISS*

Xie Lian: ???

*HISS HISS HISS*

A demon!

Xie Lian, „Ruoye!"

Ruoye grapped the demon and defeated it.

„Not too strong", thought Xie Lian.

„Maybe they are afraid of the quantity."

Xie Lian was searching for the army. He was more inside the city than outside. He should go probably go to the borders. Not seeing any demons inwards meant they had not reached that far yet which was great.

Getting more close to the borders the louder it got. He heard people shouting, swords encountering and people dying.

„No victims anymore", he thought.

Ruoye seemed to agree because Xie Lian felt him getting tighter around his body as it was gathering its energy.

In less than a moment Xie Lian was in the middle of the battle area.

He couldn't believe his eyes. So many demons!

And they were definitely stronger and more dangerous looking than Hua Cheng's!

Ruoye defeated all of the demons which were standing 20 metres away from Xie Lian.

The soldiers around him seemed impressed but they had to keep on fighting.

„Have courage!", Xie Lian shouted.

The soldiers seemed very tired and as they needed some encouraging words.

With another Material God by their side, they were much stronger than before.

Soon all demons were defeated in the area.

„Where is your god? He's called Lei Weng, right?", Xie Lian asked a soldier who had fought besides him.

„He's further in the east. There might be more demons. I don't really know", the soldier said.

„Thank you very much", Xie Lian replied and smiled warmly. Then he walked further east.

Finally, he was able to see Lei Weng. The Storm God fought against a bigger demon than the one's Xie Lian had defeated. This demon also looked much stronger.

Xie Lian did not want to interrupt that battle. He was afraid that Lei Weng could loose his focus and get hit by the demon.

„But I should help him fighting at least", he thought.

He took out Fang Xing.

[Fang Xing his Xie Lian's sword.]

Then he joined the battle between the big demon and Lei Weng.