9 - Parting Ways

„Gege, wake up!"

Xie Lian opened his eyes.

„San Lang? What's going on?", he said tired.

Hua Cheng raised his eyebrows.

„Xie Lian, someone was calling for you."

Xie Lian sat up.

„What? Who and when?"

Hua Cheng chuckled.

„While you were asleep someone tried to communticate with you through the private array."

Xie Lian smiled at Hua Cheng,

„Oh okay...er... and where do you know that from?"

Hua Cheng's eyes sparkled even more now.

„This told me."

He pointed his finger on Xie Lian's neck and Xie Lian finally saw the butterfly which sat on his neck. Through the silver butterfly Hua Cheng could hear everything Xie Lian was saying and also he could hear when somebody was speaking through the array with him.

Xie Lian was serious now,

„San Lang! That's my privacy!'

Hua Cheng looked at him with puppy eyes,

„But from where should I then assure that you're not cheating on me?"

He covered his eyes and pretended to cry.

Xie Lian breathed out loudly.

„You're honest right now? I'd never cheat on you."

„Is Gege telling me that honestly?"

„Of course! Just believe me."

„Okay, when Gege says so."

„Yes, I mean it. So who wanted to talk to me?"

„It was Feng Xin. Seems as they needed help in Middle Court again."

„Again? That was fast..."

„He said his kingdom was now affected by the demon attacks too."

„What? No! That can't be! Why can't he handle them?"

Hua Cheng looked more serious now. Then his eyes started to sparkle again. He looked at Xie Lian and smiled leisurely.

„Seems as if weapons from gods could not hurt these demons in any way."

„This can't even be..."

„It can. There must be a spell on them."

„On the weapons?"

„No, Gege. I mean on the demons."

„Oh... is there even a spell like that?"

„Yes, there is. It's a very strong spell and only Supreme demons can use it. That means the enemy we have is also a Supreme demon like me."

„Do you think it's Qi Rong? Maybe he wants revenge..."

„No, I don't think Qi Rong is strong enough for that spell, he is more of a wimp than a Supreme Demon. He Xuan doesn't seem evil nowadays but who knows if he changed his mind and become a beastlike demon who is causing spells on other demons. However, I don't think so."

„It must be Bai Wuxiang then."

„Yes, could be him."

„You also think it's not him?'

„To be honest, I am not sure. What motive should he have to attack heaven realm? And isn't he even imprisoned since years? He needs to be close to the demons to cause a spell on them and I don't think the heavenly gods let any demon near him. They would cut the demon's head immediately. So if you're asking me I don't think it can be Bai Wuxiang."

„That's right, he is still imprisoned. But then it must be He Xuan! He must have turned evil!"

„Haha, Gege. Really nice of you to not see me as an opinion."

„..."

Hua Cheng raised his hands defensively out of fun,

„I wouldn't like that, of course. Just saying."

Xie Lian shook his head.

„It's not you. The demons I met in Ghost town weren't looking like the demons in the Middle Court. There nicer and not really looking like they could fight at all."

„My demons feel offended, Gege. But you're right, they can't really fight. There just enjoying there life with gambling. There was never a need for them to fight. Still I own some that can fight. But you're right, I can promise to you, the demons that are attacking right now are not mine. That's why it's bothersome somehow."

„San Lang..."

„Yep, I must find that magician who caused spells on them! I am going to kick his butt",

Hua Cheng said leisurely. Then he stood up.

Xie Lian stood up too.

„San Lang, don't bring yourself in danger! These demons are strong one's and the demon who caused a spell on them must be very strong then!"

Hua Cheng looked at Xie Lian a frosty look in his eyes.

„Have you forgotten who I am? When they bother you, they bother me also. That's why they have to leave. And it's my job to do that",
Hua Cheng said in a cold voice.

Xie Lian shook his head directly,

„No! It's not your job! It's the Heaven's job. I suggest you stay in the demon realm until the gods managed them."

„You won't manage them when there is a demon causing spells on them over and over again. He must do that in the demon realm. I'll go find him and later I'll come back to see you. Goodbye, Gege."

„No, San Lang!"

But Hua Cheng already resolved in a hundred silver butterflies.

Xie Lian: „You won't discuss, huh? Then please stay safe at least."

A butterfly landed on Xie Lian's nose and stayed there for a few moments. Then he also flew away like the other one's.

„Promise me to come back",

Xie Lian whispered but Hua Cheng didn't hear him anymore.