10 - Ghostly Affairs

Hua Cheng returned to Ghost Town. As soon as he entered the streets of the Town demons started surrounding him.

„Lord! Lord"

„Ahhh, what now?", Hua Cheng said annoyed,

„I don't really have time for gambling now. Got buisness to do."

„No, it is important! Please, my lord, listen to me!"

Hua Cheng stopped walking and looked at the little demon that had approached him. He mustered him. It was a black wild boar. His eyes were jet black and reflected at some point the moonlight.

„I listen...", Hua Cheng spoke.

The wild boar seemed to be very thankful for that and looked a bit down because he was afraid with meeting eyes with Hua Cheng.

„Lord... several demons from Ghost Town went missing the past weeks."

„Why didn't you tell me?"

„It was too soon! At first only Meggie... I mean, a turtle demon was gone! She was already old and we thought that she went to the mountains and died there because her spirit reached it limit! But then, about two weeks ago, Henna and Hessa... I mean, two bird-siblings also had been gone. They wanted to flew to the mountains. That's all we now. And yesterday, a married couple went missing around the evening."

„What form did these demons have?"

„It was a pig-ghost and a frog-ghost, my lord."

„Into the mountains... huh."

„Yes, probably."

„Good, tell the folk they should not go near there for now. I will handle this."

„Oh, thanks my lord!", the wild pig squeaked happily but then realized how loud he has been in front of the demon lord and backed shyly away. „Thank you very much", he mumbled than once again in a quiet voice.

Hua Cheng went straight to his palace.

„This demon who is causing the spells is staying in the mountains. And he is using MY demons. But why is he using mine now? He already has an army which does not come from Ghost Town. He must try to let my kingdom also fall. What a dirty rat he is..."

Hua Cheng turned around to a servant next to the entrance door.

„You, tell my folk I'll be gone for a while.
I don't know how long. Don't they dare to go near the mountains."

Then Hua Cheng left his palace to go to the Mountains. E-Ming was all he took with him. His eyes searched determined for signs of the Supreme demon. Where could he be?