23. Be my girlfriend?

One month passed since I first went on a date with Angelina, we went on a few more dates, but I haven't heard anything from her anymore. I went to work and walked to the front desk to ask what the planning was for today. I had finals in a week and I got a permanent contract here. My boss said I could have a long lunch break because it was quiet today so I decided to text Angelina to see if she wanted to get lunch with me.

Me: Hey, I have a long lunch break just wanted to see if you wanted to grab lunch with me☺️

Angelina: Hi, I'm sorry i don't have time. Working on the movie all day. But I can come over tonight if you want.

Me: Sure would love to! Around 8?

Angelina: See you tonight 😉

I got some work done but I didn't do much. I didn't really have anything to do, so I was pretty bored all day

It was finally time for my lunch break so I had texted Eva (my friend) and we went to her favorite place. I walked to a booth and sat down waiting for Eva to show up. I heard the door open and saw Angelina walking in with I think was brad Pitt. Don't judge me I'm not good with celebrity's.

I knew she was doing a movie with him but she told me she was too busy for lunch and here she is with someone else. I brushed it off and thought maybe her plans just changed last minute. Eva walked in and sat across me. I was still staring at Angelina who sat down in a booth with brad. His hands on her waist as they walked. Eva waved her hand in front of me to get my attention. We ordered some drinks and food. I didn't say anything to Eva about Angelina, if I would I know for sure we would've gone up to them. I decided to text Angelina to see if she would lie to me. I know I'm that type off person. But I just can't help it. I need to know if Angelina just saw me as fun for a few times, or maybe she was already in a relationship. I didn't want to believe it but my mind would go to that place anyway. Welcome to the mind of an overthinker.

Me: Are you on set? Because I'm close so maybe I can stop with some food if you have a little bit of time.

Angelina: I'm so sorry Y/N. I'm on set but I'm very busy right now so I will just see you tonight.

I didn't respond because well she was lying because she was sitting there with brad who came way to close for my liking. I quickly ate and saw Angelina walking away with brad holding hands. We weren't official so I couldn't blame her anything but still she could let me know she didn't want anything from me anymore. I texted Angelina to say I couldn't make it tonight because I got didn't feel well. So now I lied because I was in no mood to see Angelina. I know I have to talk to her sometime but now was not that time.

Eva decided to ask a few friends over which got my mind off things. I decided to just drink. I didn't tell Eva what was going on, because she can be quick to judge. I was already drunk after a few drinks, talk about a lightweight. I was dancing with my friends, but when I turned around to grab another drink only see Angelina standing in front of me. You know with that stance that just makes you cower away. Her dominating tone.

She looked at me and saw that I was clearly not sick. I stuttered "um h-hi what a-are you doing here?". I did have a good reason to lie. Did I? or did I just once again overreact, maybe it was nothing. Maybe she just didn't want to hurt my feelings by telling me she was out to lunch with somebody else after she declined me. But why where the holding hands like that. Maybe Angelina wasn't interested but Brad definitely was.

"Eva texted me to ask if I wanted to come over to some sort off party, so her was I thinking why you would say your sick but having a party at your home, so I thought why not check it out maybe you where lying in bed while their our people partying downstairs, because Y/N would never lie to me. turns out I was wrong since you're clearly not sick". Damn Eva, I should have told her why I didn't invite Angie.