"Suspision Rises"

I woke up the next morning and got ready into a light yellow sweatshirt with grey sweatpants. I made a messy braid and I went downstairs to see James and Lily in the kitchen.

   "Hey-"

   "Hey honey, I've got to go to work. See you later," James said and hurried out the door.

   I nodded slowly, watching him go. I meet Lily's gaze.

   "Where's your stuff?" Lily questioned closing the fridge door.

    Oh no. I forgot my stuff at Henry's.

   "Well last night, I forgot my stuff. I'll just text Henry to see if he can get it," I said nervously.

   She nodded as I took my phone out of my pocket.

   "Hey Henry, I left my stuff at your place. Think you can bring it to me today?" I texted.

    Barely a second later he replied.

  "Sure thing :)" he said.

    I smiled at the text and closed my phone. I grabbed an apple from the fridge and some pumpkin juice. I sat back down at my couch.

   "So have you heard about Firebolt?" Lily asked.

    I almost spit out my pumpkin juice. I completely forgot they watch the news.

   "Uhh yeah...seems cool," I said nervously.

   "I'm so glad to have a girl superhero. It's crazy to think about other people's lives. I wonder who she is," Lily said.

    I nodded nervously as I looked at the clock.

   "Hey Lily I've got to head to school, see you" I said setting down my pumpkin juice.

   She nodded as I left and walked over to the school. I got to the glass doors and opened them. As I closed them, I looked around to see everyone on their electronics.

   "Hey what's going on with everybody?" I ask approaching Henry, Jasper, and Charlotte as Henry handed me my bag. "Thank you so much," I said.

   "Anytime, and they were watching the news about Firebolt," Henry said.

   My eyes widened as I felt my cheeks go numb.

   "Umm.. what are they-"

   "Everyone's going crazy because it's been rumored that she has like a ton of superpowers. And she even got to a crime scene before Captain man and Kid danger," Charlotte said.

   "Ohh," I said nervously.

   "Yeah, and she's even hot too. Ask Henry he's been-" Jasper began to say but was cut off my Henry smacking his arm.

   "It's okay, I mean she seems really nice," I assure.

   "Totally, ooo what if she goes here?!" Jasper began to say.

   I froze. How in the world am I going to pull this off?

   "Jasper stop trying to guess. The superheroes wear the masks for a reason," Charlotte said.

   Henry and I nodded. We all walked into our classes and we all did our work. Once school was out, we all went over to Henry's.

   "So y/n, there's this game I usually play with new friends. You know 21 questions?" Henry asked walking to his house.

   "Yeah, I love playing that game with new people," I replied walking beside him as Jasper and Charlotte were in front of us.

   "Okay, what's your favorite candy?" He asked.