"Lesson Learned... Or Not?"

The next morning I woke up for Jasper's dodge ball tournament. The night before I grabbed the t-shirt from Jasper (he couldn't stop jumping up and down with excitement). Charlotte went with us as we entered the tournament. We grabbed ice cream (Charlotte and I grabbed milkshakes) as we waited for our team to begin.

   "Hey I was gonna ask you, why are you guys wearing Oliver's and Pipers shirts?" Charlotte asked as we sat down at a table.

   "Wha-"

    "Because... they are comfortable," Henry cut me off.

     "Uhh... okay well I'm going to go to the bathroom" Charlotte said.

    "Why?" Henry asked staring at his ice cream.

    Charlotte and I exchanged looks as if we just heard the stupidest thing ever. I took a sip of my milkshake.

   "To go find Dylan O'brien," Charlotte said sternly rolling her eyes.

    I nearly spit out my drink with how hilarious she said that. Henry, however, was taken back by the statement. 

   "Uhh.... okay. Well since you were just very sarcastic to me, now you can't have a lick of my ice cream cone," He said turning away from her.

   Just then Charlotte grabbed the ice cream with her hand and took it to the bathroom with her. I laughed hard as he looked down at his, now only cone. He raised his eyebrow at me. Why did Charlotte say Piper and Oliver's though? I'll ignore it but it's just weird.

   "Hey, Ray was okay with this right?" I said.

   "Pffhhh duh," Henry replied.

    I nodded very confused by the way he said that. I trusted him though, so I went along with it.

  ***

    We went on the stage and and dodged the balls with our powers. We won, and cheered. Moments later, Charlotte came in. She raised her eyebrow and put her hand on her hip. It was the look. Did Henry drag me into this? Was he told something I wasn't? Ahh jeezz...

  ***

    A couple hours later we all walked into the man cave. Henry and Jasper walked in talking about the tournament. I still can't wrap my head around why Charlotte gave us the look.

   "Oh! The best part was when y/n and I threw the balls at the same time and it hit Tucker's shoulder and he was all blahhhh," Henry began saying to Jasper.

    I couldn't help but laugh at the memory, which led to everyone else laughing except Charlotte.

   "Hey guys, what'cha laughing about?" Ray asked sitting on the top of the circular couch.

    Everyone's smiles faded, except Charlotte's. Hers grew.

   "Ohh... uhh. We were just like... ummm I called him," Jasper began saying.

    "Yeah and I.. couldn't hear him.. and I was like ahh yeah so..."

    "Whatcha up to?"

     "How you doing?" Jasper and Henry said with a heightened voice.

      I stayed silent. They don't usually use proper grammar, however when they are hiding something they use really bad grammer and a high voice when they speak.

    "Okay... I feel like there's something goin' on here.. but you guys don't wanna tell me about it,"  Ray said.

    Henry put his hands on his hips and Jasper just tried acting cool.