Art Of The Flute

Thump.

"Uwah..Tanjirou is working hard again.." Naho said.

"Yeah. Recovery training just started  and I can't believe the other two gave up already." Kiyo replied. They were watching Tanjirou from afar so they wouldn't be disturbing him. The two girls felt a tug behind them and turned to see an uncertain-looking Sumi.

"Do you guys think that we should tell him?" She asked. The other two looked confused.

"Tell him about what--wait..about her?" Kiyo asked.

"Are you sure? He might not be able to handle it.." The three then went into a discussion. After a few minutes, they finally reached an agreement and decided to tell Tanjirou about it. They walked over to the boy who was currently out of breath, laying on the ground and trying to raise up his legs.

"Uhm..Tanjirou? We brought you some food and we want to talk to you about something." Kiyo told the maroon-haired boy. Tanjirou nodded and sat up. His body was shaking a bit. He took an onigiri from Kiyo's plate and took a bite out of it.

"Thanks, girls! So what did you want to talk about?" The girls nodded at each other and proceeded to explain everything to him.

~

"Hmm..The girls said that the Moon Hashira's Estate should be where the Moon rises..and the Moon rises in the East.." Tanjirou whispered to himself. It was already afternoon and the sky was slowly darkening.

Earlier..

"So you know the Moon Hashira already, right?" Naho asked.

"Eh? Moon Hashira? Oh right. The people from the meeting were all Hashiras. I don't know which one of them was the Moon Hashira though..but it's definitely not Tomioka-san since he's the Water Hashira." He replied. He then put his thumb on his chin to think. Which one of the people other than Giyuu could be the Moon Hashira?

"Is it the boy with long hair and mint tips?" He asked.

"Eh? No. That's the Mist Hashira." Naho answered.

"Then how about the lady with pink hair and green tips?"

"No! That's the Love Hashira!" The girls sighed. He seemed to have absolutely no clue who it could've been.

"The Moon Hashira is the lady with silver hair and mask. Her name is Nao Koyuki." Sumi explained to him. Tanjirou was surprised to say the least. The same woman who carried him and vouched for him during the meeting was the Moon Hashira?

"Wow..Then the Moon Hashira is a gentle person." Tanjirou said.

"She is. The reason why we talked to you about her is because she can help you train! Her estate is located where the Moon rises. You can go meet her now!" Kiyo exclaimed.

End of Flashback..

It was already night time and he still couldn't find her estate. Tanjirou started to get worried. Maybe he had gotten lost? His sense of smell had gotten a bit unreliable after overworking himself. He looked up at the sky and saw a part of the Moon.

"Wow..The Moon is really pretty." The moment he finished his sentence, he heard the sound of..a flute? His eyes widened. Why would there be flute playing in this part of the Headquarters. He listened closely to the sound. He found the music relaxing. As if he was being lulled to sleep. He decided to follow the source.

As he got closer, the silhouette of a house started to appear. He walked faster and found an estate. His eyes widened. This estate was directly under the current position of the Moon. It almost looked as if it knew the Moon would be here. The state was three stories high. Tanjirou looked up and saw the same woman with silver hair, sitting at one of the balconies of the estate.

The Moon Hashira was the one playing the flute. Tanjirou looked at her in awe. Her eyes were closed. However, the woman abruptly stopped playing the flute and slowly put it down. Her eyes opened. Despite the distance between Tanjirou and her, he could clearly see her striking, pastel purple eyes. They were truly beautiful.

As he was looking at her, she gazed down at him. Tanjirou, jolted back a little. He didn't expect her to look at him. The woman gave him a small smile and walked away from the balcony. Tanjirou, though not knowing what to do, felt obligated to smile back so he did. He was also confused though. What was he going to do now? He walked towards the entrance of the estate and stood right there.

He took a deep breath and knocked three times at the door. Right after the third one, the door slid open, revealing the Moon Hashira. She was in normal clothing, wearing a plain white kimono and her hair wasn't tied in any way, letting her long, silver locks free.

"Good evening, Kamado-kun. Please. Come inside~." She invited him in with such a sweet voice that he couldn't help but follow her.

Little did he know..

His experience in this estate wouldn't be as sweet.

_______________________
To Be Continued...♡