Moon Hashira pt2

Corps Member POV

Nothing. Its all over for me now. I thought. We were already at the front of the house. Inside, all that could be heard was blood curdling screams. Cries of pain. I could even hear the sound of blood splattering. I looked at my fellow female corps member. She's dead. Blood was gushing out of her mouth. The three demons lay her body down. Two were females and one was male. The two females used some sort of yarn to collect the blood and organs of the dead. While the male used strings. He would rearrange the places of their organs and use the corpses as puppets.

They looked at me with an emotionless face. I was numb from the pain. I tried to run away but they caught me and twisted my ankles. I failed my master. She wasted her very own techniques to teach a coward like me. That's what I thought. My eyes widened as I heard a familiar sweet and caring voice. Wait..why would somebody sound sweet in a place like this? I looked up. My eyes swelled with tears. It was my master. There was something off with her though. Her eyes couldn't be seen but when I looked at her lips, it had a smile.

"The Moon is quite beautiful tonight don't you think?"

S

he spoke in such a gentle tone. It sent shivers down my spine. The demons backed away from her as they realized she was behind them. She looked down at me.

"Yuna..let's treat you and your other comrades later okay?" She only cared about her comrades. I nodded. She the looked up to the demons.

"Killing and injuring the members of my estate? That's quite bold of you." She made a hand sign telling me to back away. I did as told. Her fingers dangled around her blades. The demons started to talk.

"I hate how every single one of you ruin our play time!" The male demon yelled as he made strings come out of his fingers. My master jumped and carried me along with her. She placed me far away from the house. She also handed me a bag. I looked at her confused.

"These demons are strong. This is a precaution in case they try to approach you. Wisteria." She hurriedly explained as she jumped back in to fight.

Koyuki POV

As I had gone back, they had already gotten back inside the house. They're trying to lure me. I opened the door slowly and walked in. The door slammed behind me as I got in. There were 5 demon slayers in this house. All are members of my estate. Some have already died so I must be quick. I ran around the house. I followed their scent. Two female demons behind me! I turned around to face them.

"Moon Breathing: First Form, Strike of Midnight." In an instant both of them had been decapitated. As they burned they had tears in their eyes.

"All we wanted was to play..we just wanted a family.." I felt pity. I crouched down in front of their burning heads. I took of my mask. I gave them a warm smile.

"May the Lord  be merciful and grant you a next life." With that they completely faded. I then stood back up and put on my mask once more. I could feel it. He was lonely. All of them are. I knew that to give them a painless death was the best option. It felt too similar to him.

I had taken all of the other demon slayers out of the house but the remaining demon still hadn't appeared. Only 5 demon slayers were alive in the house and 3 had serious injuries. I asked the other two with minor injuries to go to Shinobu's team near the east along with the others. I went back inside of the house. He was right there, sitting in the middle of the room, crying. I brought out one of my blades. He twitched.

He turned around and lunged at me. I dodged him. He started cursing me with so much rage.

"It's your fault! WE can't be TOGETHER anymore!!" That took me off guard. He threw multiple sharp needles at me. Luckily, none of it hit me. There seemed to be poison in it. The place where the needles landed started to slowly melt. Finish this quickly.

"Moon Breathing: Fourth Form..Lunar Dance!" His eyes widened. Sadly, he didn't know that it was his end. His blood splattered on the ground. I slashed his blood off my blade. His head thumped on the bloody floor. He looked at me. I crouched down near him to hear his final words.

"I'm sorry..for taking your family. I-i just wanted to protect mine too.." tears started pouring down his eyes. His head was slowly burning.

"I know. I wanted to protect my family too. But that can't excuse your crimes." He reminded me too much of my past self. The sadness.

"Can I at least know your name?" His voice was shaky. Only half of his face hasn't burnt away yet. I took off my mask while smiling at him.

"Nao Koyuki. Have a safe trip above." With that, he closed his eyes in peace as he mouthed the words 'thank you'. I stood up. I felt my spine shiver. Somebody is in trouble~. I thought.  I exited the house. Turning around, giving it a final glance and put my mask back on. I ran towards the West. I sighed. Whenever my spine shivers, something was happening between those two.

"Why can't Giyu-san and Shino-chan give me a break?~"
It was a childish whine but it was the truth.

________________________
Hello! It's me, your inconsistent author lol. Sorry to keep you waiting. Exams are rough! Hope you enjoyed this one though. Love ya and stay safe~