Internships

Izumi POV
'Today is the day where I meet AllMight himself's very own teacher' I get ready and grab my already packed bag before I get on the train to school I walk into class and see most of the class already there. "What's up Uraraka, and where is Iida? Isn't he usually the first one here?" she looks slightly sad for some reason "oh well I guess you were also kept out of the loop. Well apparently just last night Iida's brother, had a run in with The Hero Killer, he is not dead but his legs were damaged beyond repair" "oh no that's terrible to hear" 'Hero killer I've heard that name in the news. I wonder how Iida is taking it'

At the end of the day we were told that Iida was still going through with his internship as he was not going to waste the opportunity. We all go separate ways and I find myself in front of a beat down old building *Ding dong* I press the doorbell but when the door opens I see the old man in a puddle of his own wait BLOOD. "HES DEAD" he lifts his head and says "who are you" "HES ALIVE" 'what is with this old man' " my name is Izumi Midoriya" "what was that" "I said Izumi Midoriya" "are you the mailwoman" 'what' "no I said...huh never mind you must be pranking me or something you old man" he laughs at this and I see his face turn serious "yeah just thought why not, now come inside and put on your hero suit"

I put it on and the moment I finish he jumps at me using his quirk 'whoa he is very fast, are those jets on his feet? How come I've never heard of this hero he is so hardcore' I immediately go full cowling but I'm too slow in charging it and get hit luckily after the hit I manage to get to 20% and in terms of speed we are pretty evenly matched of course he has way more experience.

He goes for the body but I reach for his ankle and he resorts to evasive manoeuvres to dodge my hand "whoa you're fast what percent are you using?" "About 20%" "ok I already know what I want to teach you as you already have a good handle on ofa, I can tell you rely on your quirk to see me so let's change that, revert to not using it at all and let's go from there" 'this rotten old man just wants to beat me up' I oblige and this time I really focus on trying to get him but he is at the moment way faster than me I occasionally dodge a few times but I can't seem to get a good hit on him I try to predict where he is going 'that's it! He wants me to learn more prediction and with my quirk active i can't practice to predict as I'm already too fast for him' I look at his paths and try to intersect him with my fists. I get close but not that close and he gets a few more hits on me I use a very low percentage of ofa in order to get him but I'm still too slow to reach him so I think even further ahead and predict where he will be in a second and reach out my hand to grab him. 'Ha I was right' he looks super surprised at me and says "wow that was fast, your teacher is Mr. Midoriya guess he was a grandpa before I was born so it makes sense but...how did he train you?" "Well at first it was not too special but over the past few years he really started upping the reps, sets and load in every aspect. It was tough but I myself asked for it and expected it in order to one day become a hero." He looks content at this "well good to hear now let's eat"

Next day
"Okay now this time I don't want you to use any Ofa unlike yesterday where you used a couple percent, understood" "YES" "and after that lets go on patrol"
"Understood" we fought over the next few hours until I got the general hang of my intuition and prediction and got too tired to continue "ok now let's both rest for a couple hours, I'm exhausted" The old man says. 'Yeah I bet at least you were allowed to use your quirk'

We go on patrol and continue practicing for the next few days until Gran Torino has the idea of going to Hosu. On the train it takes an hour or so to get there and when we do immediately all hell breaks loose when some nomu like creature break into the train. Gran Torino goes for it and tells me to stay out but I immediately yell "Give Me Permission To Use My Quirk!" He looks at my determination and says "I give you permission" I run after him but hear a scream of pain from pretty far off in some alley.