Chapter 8 - A long road ahead

"That's it Kasamatsu - Senpai!" I cheered from the sidelines, clapping my hands together as he'd distracted Takao from blocking Kise. As I'd thought, they'd made the Hawk eye boy target our elite player. It didn't surprise me in the least; Shutoku's plays are often very similar in each of their games. "Your plan is working perfectly!" Tokiya said, as the buzzer for the end of the fourth quarter sounded. We have been doing very well. There is a fifteen point difference right now, and I know that we will take this game. "Well done Senpai's!" Hito praised, handing Kobori a water bottle. "Yes, you've fared very well against Midori - Chan's team." I agreed, smiling at them as they came to stand in a circle around me. "We'd be nothing without your coaching." Kasamatsu said, ruffling my hair. "Aish, it was nothing." I replied, highfiving Moriyama. I looked out to the crowds and gave a slight wave to the red haired boy who was standing amongst the hundreds of people. I saw his head nod, acknowledging me. His team is with him too; interesting. . . The other teams are not here watching this match. Seirin will be facing off against Aomine's team in another gym and Rakuzan has already crushed Yosen. When we win here, we will be facing off against Touou. I think that Aomine will give us some trouble there, Kise has yet to beat him in any game. . . "Oi, we have a proposition." Kasamatsu said, Kawahara waving his hand in front of my face. "Gomen, gomen. I'm listening." I apologized, stopping my thinking for the now. "We're gonna let you go out and play. Kise has to rest up for our game against Touou anyways." Our captain said, smiling as my facial expression probably brightened. "Really? Do you mind?" I asked the blond kitty, him giving me a go ahead motion as the buzzer ringed for us to enter the court. "You get em'." Tokiya said to me, taking my sweater as I slid it off. "Don't worry. This will be an easy defeat." I said, stepping out onto the court with my team.

"Chihiro." Midoriama said with an angry glare. "Shintaro." I greeted, the way Akashi would if he were facing the green haired boy. "I didn't believe the idiot got you on the team as a player." He told me, the ball being dribbled about by someone on his team. "Well he had some help. I won't be going easy on you. Let's have a little fun." I said with a smile, taking a quick step to the left and intercepting Takao who had gone to rush around us. "What the hell..." I heard the hawk boy mutter, dribbling the ball in place as he thought about what he should do here. I smiled sweetly, rushing forwards and getting in face, managing to tap the ball out of his hands and over to a waiting Kasamatsu. "Chihiro!" The captain called to me, chucking the ball far down the court. I ran around Takao and caught it easily, Midoriama getting in my face immediately. "You aren't going to win this. This game is over." I told him, pressuring him now. His eyes were too concentrated on what I was going to do, that he didn't see that I had ankle broke him until his butt hit the floor. I took a nice free shot from the three point line, the ball sinking without touching the rim. The crowd cheered loudly, me turning to head back to my side of the court. "Nice shot." Kobori complemented, whacking me on the back gently. I could tell that everyone was surprised that I could do an 'ankle break' like that, but my team is currently pretending to know that I could do that. Kise however, has only ever seen that move once before, being by our unyielding Emperor. "Thanks Senpai. It's been awhile since I've been on the court. It's nice." I smiled, Shutoku wasting no time at coming back at us. I knew that at this point, their struggle was hopeless. Kise had already made the gap so big, and with me now in game, it will be impossible for them to catch up. Unless Midoriama has a trick up his sleeve, but I highly doubt it at this point. He will be of more trouble in later games I believe. Kobori cornered a blond boy on Shutoku's team, stopping him dead in his tracks. "Midoriama!" He had called, chucking the ball over to the green haired boy. It was hopeless though, I had simply stepped back into check with Midoriama. "They shouldn't depend on you so much." I told him, giving him a hard time. I am not letting him have any leeway, he cannot get an opening. I am not letting him get any room to shoot. "I could be saying the same thing to you. Is the idiot not confident enough to win that he has to put you out here?" I knew he was just saying this because he was frustrated, not because he actually believed that Kise wasn't capable enough. In fact, Kise has beaten Midoriama on countless occasions in middle school. "Or are you not confident enough to beat me?" I asked, tapping the ball out of his hands while he was trying to figure out what he could do. It slammed into Kasamatsu's waiting hands and I ran around the tall boy, receiving the all immediately. "Not this time!" One of Shutoku's members yelled at me, him and another one of his teammates double teaming me. "Sorry boys, but this ends here." I said, seeing that my time is running short. I again moved quickly, ankle breaking them as well and taking a nice three, the ball sinking into the basket with a light swoosh.
The crowd cheered loudly as the buzzer sounded off for the end of the last quarter. "Nice!" Kawahara exclaimed, him the first to tackle me into a hug. The others group hugged me as well, Kise coming over from the benches and joining in as well. "Line up!" The referee called to us, all of us agreeing to this. "Thank you for the game." Each team said to one another, all of us bowing. "Chihiro." I looked to Midoriama who is coming towards me, Takao behind him. "Sorry, Midori - Chan." I apologized, him shaking his head. "You have gotten better. Or have you been hiding your abilities?" He asked, thinking back to the training camp he had crashed. I had faced them then, and not showed as much technique there. "I always go easy on you guys. Don't tell Aomine." I said with a slight smile. Midoriama simply shook his head in disbelief. "I will beat you next time." "I look forwards to it." I replied, turning my head slightly as Moriyama had called me. "Remember our plan for this weekend." I tilted my head, not knowing what he was talking about. "Akashi has planned for us to have dinner at his house. Your punishment for us will take place there." "We're doing this before Valentine's day? I have things to prep." I complained. "You know him. . . I wouldn't make him mad, we don't need a repeat of last year." I had to agree to this. Akashi had caught someone flirting with me and nearly murdered him on the spot. When I say this, I mean it literally. A very sharp pencil was involved and the boy who was the target, nearly got his eyes gouged out. "I'll be there and I will try not to make him mad." I replied, giving him a wave and hopping towards my team. I am going to treat them for dinner tonight, because our next opponent is going to be a difficult one.