Chapter Twelve - Values

"Captain." I turned to see Kasamatsu coming my way, his expression tired. I smiled and bowed politely to my senior, me also feeling quite drained these days. "What can I do for you Senpai?" I asked, him having come into the first year class room to see me. "Is it alright if you come with me? I have something to show you." I got up from my seat and wandered towards the door, my classmates giving me small goodbye waves. I noted that Kise had left as soon as our lunch period started; who knows where he has gone off to. "I have a group activity planned for tomorrow. I hope you get some sleep Senpai." I said, following beside him as he took me up a few flights of stairs. "It's the stupid first years giving me stress. I'm not tired." He replied, a scowl on his face as per usual. I chuckled, "Is that right?" "Well. . . Not just that." He replied, opening the rooftop door and swinging it open wide and motioning for me to go in first. I stepped outside and got bombarded with sudden cheering and the explosion of confetti cannons. "Happy Birthday!" I looked about to see our whole basketball team and a few girls from our class. "Whoah. You shouldn't have." I said, being pulled towards a blanket that is nicely put down for a picnic. "Planning this was a lot of work and keeping it from you was hard." Kasamatsu said, Moriyama hugging me while Kobori pulled him off. Kawahara screamed loudly and ran around like a crazy person on steroids. We shouldn't give him any cake. I had forgotten it was my birthday; I have been so busy with my family and training Rogue that time seems to have been passing by so fast. "Did we surprise you Chihiroiichi?" Kise asked happily patting my head. "Yes! First time in a long time Kii-Kun." I replied, waiting for them to light the candles and beginning to sing. . . What does everyone at home have planned for this? I have a bad feeling . . .. Especially since we have a stupid tradition. . .

"Are you sure this is okay?" Mayuzumi asked me, me inviting him inside. "We are dating now, of course." I replied, him having come to pick me up from school today. I was also startled to see him at the main gates, Kise nearly having a heart attack. The blond was planning on walking me home but retreated as Mayuzumi glared at him to leave. Mayuzumi sighed and I took his hand leading him down the hall of the main house towards my room. "We have a meeting to attend tomorrow; will you be able to sneak out of practice for it?" Mayuzumi asked, talking about the meeting we will have with the heads of the gangs we have allied with. It's finally come. I will be able to see who my brother has allied with and how strong our numbers are. If it is not sufficient: I will have to pull some strings. "I think that fucking jerk Akashi might try to make me stay; I may be able to sneak out though." "Mayu-Chan, you're really different with me than you are in public." I said with a smile, him frowning. I noted that he is usually quiet out and broods by himself. When with me he's pretty open. "Chihiro-Sama's." Yuu greeted, my gang already in my room. "Hello." I replied, Mayuzumi also greeting them. He's quiet around them too. Maybe he's just a bit uncomfortable with them? "How was school?" Jack asked, Rogue looking up from his seat at reading and smiling happily at me. He's still pretty broken, but he's toned down his affection after I told him that Mayuzumi was bugged by it. "Boring." I replied, hoping they in fact, did forget my birthday. I sat on the bed and Mayuzumi took his place beside me. "Ghost has still been pretty riled up. We might have to do something." Haru said, sharpening his blade. "I think so too. Shuugo might have to break him. He's been avoiding it though." I agreed, Mayuzumi busying himself with playing with my fingers. I know my gang likes Mayuzumi more than Akashi; they think he is more suited. I don't really know, but either way, I don't mind Mayuzumi's presence. He's quite pleasant to have around. Perhaps I'll come to like him more as things proceed. I tilted my head slightly as I heard something creaking and I pulled Mayuzumi off the bed, a figure dropping from the ceiling. I grabbed the dagger from off my desk and threw it at the person; it landing it's mark and pinning them to the wall. "Oh. . . Fade-Kun what are you doing?" I asked, him sighing that I noticed his presence. "Well. . . I failed so nothing now." He said, pulling the dagger out of the wall. "Birthday surprise failed." My brother came into my room sighing really loud as if something bad had happened. It's a tradition that I get attacked by all members of the family, but as soon as someone fail then the whole mission is compromised. "Fade-Kun you ruined it!" Shuugo sighed like a child, coming over and wrapping his arms around me. "There there. Maybe next year." I cooed, petting his head. "We have a cake prepared for tonight. Mayuzumi-Chan are you staying for dinner?" "Yes sir, if you don't mind." Mayuzumi replied politely. "It's no trouble. You're practically family." He replied, still cuddling me. "Shuugo-Nii please let go." I said, the man instead pinching my cheeks. "We have presents for you too." Leif said, pulling me away from my brother and placing me back on the bed. Fade and Shuugo both leaving us be until dinner time. Thank goodness; my brother has been a bit more clingy than usual.