Chapter Two - Practice match

"Shouldn't you be out there practicing with them?" Akito asked as he sat himself down on the bench beside me. I stopped sketching and gave him a sideways glance. "I am gathering data as their manager." I replied as I looked up to watch our first string play a game with our second string. The other players who are not on the first string have come to accept me as one of them and actually we get along quite well at school. "So what does this stuff mean?" Kaito asked from my other side, pointing to my diagram. "This is Kasamatsu's chart. He is a strong all around player but his weakness lies here." I told them, pointing to his torso and then to his legs on my drawing. "He has bad legs?" Akito asked. I laughed then shook my head. "No, his balance is a little off. He is very fast and good at handling the ball but he needs a bit of polishing. I finished all the charts so I can get to work on whiping them into shape before the inter high." Kaito took the book from my hands tentitvely and flipped through the pages, looking at the sketches of the boys that I had drawn. "They're really fantastic." He sighed amourasly. "Are you done yet?" Kise's voice piped up as he came over to sneak a peek. "I'm done. I can start training you guys now." I told him in reply. "Yatah! Yatah!" He cheered as he took my hands and led me out onto the court. "You're done my beautiful flower?" Moriyama asked me, giving me this grand smile. It has been several days since I got onto Kaijo's team and the boys have been waiting patiently for me to join them on the court again. "I am ready to play." I said with a smile. "Hey, you've worked with the other members from the generation of miracles, right? How do we know if you didn't help them like you are us?" A first year asked. "She didn't work with us at all." Kise said with a frown. "We only got to play her once when Akashiichi challenged her and when Aomineiichi acted out." This is true. I've only played the entire team twice. I have refused to play them but we hung out a lot even if we didn't play basketball. "Do you want to do twenty laps around the school?" I asked. The boys shook their heads and I grinned. "Then let's get started. Hayakawa - Kun, please grab a ball." "I'll get all the rebounds!" He yelled as a reply. My phone suddenly started to vibrate and I took it out. "Yo." I said into the receiver. "Haven't you learned from our manners lesson?" Akashi asked me. I met up with him the other day on our schedualed date. He questioned me for a full hour and that was about it. "I try to forget about that day actually." I told him as I moved away from Kise who is trying to easedrop on our conversation. In middle school Akashi decided that I wasn't girly enough or refined so he made me spend an entire day with him and the others practicing my table manners. . . Let's just say that this was one of the days that I stabbed him with a fork. Akashi sighed then said "We're meeting up today at your place, for the night." "What? We as in who?" I exclaimed. "Who do you think Chihiro?" I let out an annoyed sigh then paced around. He always plans things without my concent. I was planning to do something with the gang tonight. "Do we have to?" "Yes. I want you to go pick up Tetsuya as well since he does not have a phone. I will be seeing you." Akashi hung up his line so that I couldn't argue back to him. "Damn it." I cursed as I snapped my phone shut then went over to talk to Akito and Kaito. "Message Shuugo - Nii and tell him that I have visitors coming over tonight. Everyone in the main house has to get out." I whispered to them. "That red haired guy again?" Akito asked as Kaito began to tap away at his device. I nodded then caught the basketball that someone had thrown at me. "Nice try, but it will take more than that to catch me off guard." I told them as I stood and faced the team. "Let's play a little game." They all looked horrified as I gave them a grin. They are going to learn rather quickly how I work.

"Kurokochii, yeah!" Kise sang beside me as we stepped onto Seirin's property. I have never been to this school before but it looks like a middle school compared to Kaijo. I let the basketball team off early so that we could come down here and get Kuroko. They were rather well behaved this afternoon and I have set up a little game for them to play while we are at school. . . I smiled to myself, content at my idea of throwing various different balls at them throughout the day; starting tomorrow though. They didn't get why I wanted to do this but they'll see soon enough. I want them to figure out my motives without me telling them directly. "Are we going the right way?" I asked Kise as he guided me around the side of the bulding. "Yup! I am so excited to spend the night at Chihirocchi's house! We haven't done this since we were at Teiko!" I laughed as he pulled the outside gym door open for me. "At least one of us is excited." Shuugo said he would get everyone out of the house by the time we get home. He is going to stay at Nao's house that is located on the edge of our property. The rest of the gang has been warned to stay away from the main residence as well. Is isn't often that I have company at the house but there is a rule that if anyone in a school uniform comes to the gate they are allowed to come in, unless they are someone we have not seen before. "Don't touch the ball if you are going to just give it away!" This large boy with red hair and black roots yelled at Kuroko. It seems that they are in the midst of playing a practice game. Kise and I rounded the court, attracting the attention of those in the gym automatically. It's the uniforms probably. "Excuse me." I said to the girl with short brown hair. "Do you mind if we have a word with Kuro - Kun?" "Not at all. Are you a friend of his?" She asked. "Yes. We have. . ." I stopped short as I realized that Kise isn't actually by my side anymore. It wasn't hard to spot him as there was a sudden mob of girls around him.