Prologue

I sigh loudly and plop down at my desk.Living a double life sucks. When I am not at school, I am out in the streets fighting some other gang that has done something to piss of my brother. . . I shouldn't be blaming him. He has dropped his entire life so that I can stay in school and get an education. I need to be more thankful towards him. Our gang, Yatagarasu was left to us by our parents. We are the last sucessors and there was no way out of our situation. The entire gang would have fallen without a leader and the people close to us would have died if the other gangs in the area were to hear that we had disbanded. Positvely speaking though, our gang has become very strong and is now the strongest in our region. Thanks to Shuugo and I the streets are alot safer. . . well for ordinary people anyways. "Chihiro - Chaaan!" I straight out nearly fell out of my seat as my friend Yuui tackled me around the neck. "Yo." I greeted as I balance myself out. Yuui is actually a part of our gang. At first glance she seems to bubbly and happy to be able to do any sort of fighting but when you get her angry she is nearly impossible to stop. "The Teiko boys are practicing. Come watch with mee!" She pleaded with big eyes. "Do I have to?" I murmered as I already began to stand. "Yay! Yes! Yes! You won't regret this master." I covered her mouth with my hand as we left the classroom and made a harsh 'shh' noise. "Don't call me that in public." She giggled then pulled my hand down. "Sorry, sorry. I still can't get used to not." I plugged one of my ears as we entered the gym. Many screaming girls surrounded the court; all of them hoping to get a glimpst or even a smile from one of the boys. "Oh! Lookie! It's Ryota - San! He is so kwaii!" My friend squealed. I leaned on her shoulder and watched as the boys played their practice game against the second string. Basketball interests me in a way, although I couldn't ever join any sports. Not with how busy I am. . . I felt myself being propelled forwards and I landed with a thud on the court. "Chihiro!" Yuui exclaimed but it was not her that helped me into a standing position. "Are you okay?" A boy with bright blue hair asked. I nodded then brushed off my uniform. "Hai, hai. You don't need to worry." I said with a smile. "Ooooo a cute girl!" Kise exclaimed as he pounced over. "Settle down Ryota." Akashi ordered. He is the leader of the generation of miracles. . . I am surprised he himself isn't part of a gang. I've heard he is violent enough to be in one. "Eh? A girl?" Murasakibara asked as he, Aomine and Midoriama came over. "Isn't she in your class Kuroko?" Midoriama asked the blue haired boy. "Yes." He replied simply. I scratched my head nervously then bowed. "Sorry. I didn't mean to disturb your practice." "It's fine. I wanted to try something with you anyways." Akashi said as he motioned for me to come onto the court. I looked back at Yuui who gave me a nod to follow him. It is apparent that she does not want me to start a fight with this guy. "What would you like me to do?" I asked. "Play them. One on five." Akashi said serously. "What are you talking about?" Midoriama asked. "What is this going to prove?" Aomine added. "Just do it." Akashi snapped. The red haired boy passed me the ball and I dribbled it lightly, waiting for the others to get into place. "Here we go." I muttered as Akashi motioned for me to go. I lunged fowards, passing Kise easily. "Shit." He cursed as he moved to follow me. "Sorry, Kuroko - San. I can't let you do that." I said as I feinted around the blue haried boy who had appeared to try and tap the ball out of my hand. Turning in a full three sixty, I clashed with Aomine next. His speed is amazing and I can see the potential in him; but he can't stop me from getting past. We clashed only for a moment before I tricked him into thinking I was going one way instead of another.Due to how fast we were moving he ended up falling on his butt. "I am going to crush you." Murasakibara said as I jumped to get a basket. He is a huge boy, long limbs. . . but still. I lobbed the ball high and it surpassed his height and dropped into the basket. I landed on the balls of my feet like a cat and then waited for a reaction. Everyone had gone deathly quiet. "The door has been opened. . ." Midoriama said quietly. I shrugged and picked up the basket ball and handed it to Akashi as I walked out of the gym. "Thanks for the challenge. It was worth coming here today after all." "Wait up Chihiro!" Yuui called after me as she struggled to catch up. The generation of miracles aren't as good as I thought they were. It's a pity. . . but little did I know that this challenge was going to start a rivalry and long lasting friendship for me. . .