Chapter Six - Caught up in a storm

I can't believe I crawled into Akashi's bed again. Thank god he is a heavy sleeper. I've only ever gotten into his bed once or twice. . . Okay maybe a few times. I don't know how it started exactly but I've always felt safe when sleeping next to him. I shrugged and stretched my arms out as I walked down the hall. We are heading back home later today, probably mid afternoon. Masako informed me yesterday that she wanted to do another exercise before leaving. I wonder what she is planning? "Kugayama - Sensei." Kasamatsu greeted. My eyes widened at the change in prefix, but, relaxed seeing as he's not joking. "-Sama is preferable Kasamatsu - Kun." Kise snickered at this which earned him a kick in the back from the Captain. "I just respect her more, Baka!" "Owieee!" Kise screamed, scuttling over to me to try and hide from our fuming upperclassmen. "There. There. And thank you very much Senpai! I am happy that you think of me highly." I said bowing, then patting the sad kitty on the head. "Eh? Coach you wear glasses?" Kawahara asked, coming over to inspect my face. "Mmhm, My contacts have started to hurt my eyes. I need to buy some new ones." I replied. "Ohhh, our princess is a megane! I approve of this." Moriyama said, bopping his head up and down in approval. "What is planned for today?" Kobori asked, prying Kise off me. "I believe Masako - Chan has something planned for us." "Huhh? We're practicing before going home? I'm so tireeed." Kise whined. "Shut your mouth or I'll kick you!" Kasamastu raged, his foot already on Kise. I laughed and pulled out my phone that is buzzing. It's from Masako. . . "Paiiiinttt!" Kawahara yelled, running off without us. "You idiot!" Kasamatsu yelled after him. I sighed and walked after our erratic, rebound loving idiot towards the open seating area. It seems like Masako has planned a little activity for us to do before our game. "What is all of this?" Moriyama questioned. The first years were all already sitting around, painting each other's faces for each other. "Ah good! Senpai's are here!" A first year named Kou cheered. Some of the first years came over and pulled our main players towards the paint buckets, preparing them for 'battle'. I myself followed Kasamatsu and sat in front of him, a whole bunch of colours layed out in front of us. "How are we supposed to do this?" He asked me, looking at the paint curiously. "We paint each other's faces, duh." I said, flicking his forehead before dipping my fingers into the lime green paint. He made a frown but laughed anyways, choosing a red for me. Red. . . Again. "So what is going on with us and Yosen today?" Kobori asked from his position with Kise. "We are having a practice match with them today. This is just to get into the spirit of things." I replied, drawing crescents on Kasamatsu's face. "Finally! They have been avoiding a game with us." Kise cheered, making it difficult for Kobori to draw on his face properly. "Hello." A small voice greeted. I glanced up momentarily and smiled at Kuroko who is watching us. "Hello Kuro - Chan." I replied, drawing along Kasamatsu's jaw in pink. "I think you're doing a better job than Kasamatsu - Senpai." Kuroko said, looking between us at what we have drawn. "She's the artist!" Kasamatsu exclaimed. "Alright, done!" Kise exclaimed, stretching his arms out. "What is our plan Coach?" Kobori asked, coming to sit closer to me. Kise did a pretty decent job with the paint, little circles and stars decorated our Senpai's face. "Yosen has a team of giants. They are good at defence since their height is tall enough that some of them do not have to jump to stop the player from shooting. However, this is what we are going to do. . ." I told them, explaining with great detail. They all nodded their heads in agreement; seeing that what I said might actually work.

"That's it!" I exclaimed, cheering them on from the side lines. We are playing a full game and right now we are in our fourth quarter and our scores are very close. Kise is doing a good job playing on the inside of the court, as expected. He is a lot more nimble than Murasakibara and is able to maneover around our gentle giant easily. Kawahara is in the inside as well. He is driven for the rebounds and even he can grab them before Yosen. "Watch it Captain!" Kise yelled as Kasamatsu came face to face with Himuro. That boy has a flawless technique, though there is nothing spectacular about him. We just have to watch for his jump shot, where he throws the ball twice, tricking his opponant into jumping earlier than they should. "Last few seconds, push hard Kaijo!" I yelled, the first years chanting along with me. I was pleased to see that Kasamatsu could keep pace with Himuro and got the ball from the boys possession. "Kise!" Kasamatsu called, throwing the ball to him. Kise grabbed it and immediately got double teamed by Yosen. However, they didn't expect Kise to do a little spin as he jumped like I had told him earlier. Similar to how I spin, the other team didn't know how to prevent Kise from moving forwards; this allowing the blond haired idiot to get our last point. "Yosh." I said to myself, all of the players breathing hard as they looked over to the score board. "Yes!" My team exclaimed, seeing that the score is one hundred and two to ninety eight. "Good game." Masako said to me, holding her hand out. "It was a pleasure." I replied, grasping her hand and giving it a good shake. "That was a close one Chihiro. I thought you were going to lose." Akashi told me, coming over with the rest of the boys. "I don't lose Aka - Chan." I replied, sticking my tongue out at him. I pulled my whole head back as he went to grab my tongue, laughing as he'd missed. "Play me now." Aomine said, pulling on the base of my sweater. "No." I replied simply, petting Kuroko's hair as he came to stand by my side. "Why not?" He demanded, stomping his foot on the ground like a big five year old. "Let it go." Midoriama sighed, knowing that I would win this argument. Aomine went to respond, but the crashing of the gym doors interupted his words. "Rin?" I asked, looking at the young boy as he weaved quickly around the players chatting on the court and over to me. The young boy slapped Aomine's hand off me and then tugged me downwards, bringing his lips to my ear. "Someone is in your room. He is not yours. How do you want us to proceed?" My eyes widened, but I kept my cool, knowing I couldn't cause a scene here. "Get everyone gathered. I want that bastard captured immediately. Spread out along the property and tell my team to get ready." I told him quietly, him running off as soon as he had my order. "What was that all about?" Kise asked, him and the one all looking over here. "Wasn't that the kid from earlier." Kasamatsu inquired, looking towards the direction of the door. "Yeah. . . He needs me for something actually. So, I will meet you up front in a bit." I told them, pulling Akashi towards me for a second. "If I am not back in thirty minutes, make them leave without me. I don't care what you have to do, just make it happen." I instructed, going to go but getting stopped by his hand on my shoulder. "Since when have I taken orders from you?" He asked, his voice sharp. "I'll give you an 'I owe you one'." I coaxed. This made him let go and I scurried out of the gym and towards the bathroom. This is going to be troublesome, I can feel it.